OT JLG repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT JLG repair

Way off topic hear and a shot in the dark but I’m looking for some help diagnosing a JLG boom lift. Lots of smart fellas on the board. I am using the lift to build a straw bail machine shop so its somewhat related LOL

Model 601s
    Code 6-6 can bus failure. Can be a wiring problem or one of the 2 modules.
    Wiring in-between ohms out good.
    I purchased a hand held scanner. It works on the ground module pulled 25 codes all same 6-6.
    Top module, scanner says fatly connection powers up scanner but can't scroll through the screens. wiring is good between.

My guess is the top module is bad but I would like to talk to someone with some experience with JLG lifts before I order the wrong module.
    I also read programming the new module is necessary after installation? How?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Stephen

one thing I remember about CAN is it needs termination resistors at the end of the data lines, from data+ to data-, or the data will go totaly corrupt due to ringing.
    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Thanks for the help black moons. They must be internal if there are any nothing shows in the wiring diagram. The modules are sealed.

Comment

With out a wiring diagram it's hard to tell. I have a Genie and between safety, tilt and outrigger extension safety sensors, relays etc.etc. it's gets pretty complicated. I would call JLG, they should have a good tech guy you can talk to. Genie does.

JL........................

Comment

Originally posted by sdeering
          Thanks for the help black moons. They must be internal if there are any nothing shows in the wiring diagram. The modules are sealed.
          check the resistance beween data+ and data- of the modules, I think it should be under 1kohm if theres termination resistors (Im gonna say realisticly its omething like 30~400ohms but I totaly forget what exactly)

Both modules (Well, the ones at the very ends of the wiring, So both if theres only 2) need termination resistance.
          Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Working...
          X