Heads up re: September 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads up re: September 1st

Just a heads up to those considering purchases, esp larger or more $$$ ones.
    I spend a lot of time doing web searches and have run across any number of specific manufacturers, those who post price lists anyway, that are planning price increases and some major as of
    September 1/11.

Not the general suppliers but specific brands/brand names so one can not help but think it will be passed on quickly by MSC, Enco, McM Carr etc., I AM NOT SAYING THESE ONLINE SELLERS ARE GOING TO HAVE A PRICE INCREASE, just that quite of few of their suppliers are (those who bother to have price lists showing)...

A had my eye on an American-made gun safe (Amsec), and their prices have jumped $200 in the last two months
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it. Seems like raising prices in a weak economy would be business suicide. Surely somebody has thought of that.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it. Seems like raising prices in a weak economy would be business suicide. Surely somebody has thought of that.
        There is no choice. Even if something is "Made in America" it will still be affected by the slide in the value of the dollar.

This is what happens when you try to print your way out of debt.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
          There is no choice. Even if something is "Made in America" it will still be affected by the slide in the value of the dollar.

I did'nt know the USA was enacting a plan to get out of debt!

I thought they where just gonna raise the credit limit.. Again. And Again... And Again. I mean, how many times have they raised the "LIMIT" so far?
          Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Moons
            I mean, how many times have they raised the "LIMIT" so far?
            A quick Google and "Since March 1962, the debt ceiling has been raised 74 times, according to the Congressional Research Service. Ten of those times have occurred since 2001."

Comment

Originally posted by Arcane
              A quick Google and "Since March 1962, the debt ceiling has been raised 74 times, according to the Congressional Research Service. Ten of those times have occurred since 2001."
              Ah. So the plan was to get rid of debt by making the ratio of total debt to credit limit smaller. 'We lowered the debt (ratio) by 20% this year!'

Hows that been working out?
              Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan

True & printing money also put us in debt in the first place (perhaps we should blame the printers not the bankers ).

One of the fundamental flaws in capitalism is- you must have constant growth to sustain the system or it fails.

We all allowed ourselves to be taken down the road of greed, @ the hight of the boom a 15% annual growth was considered by many as failure, but even a 5% growth in the long term isn't workable.

We need to change our way of thinking & our fiscal policys............. but I wont hold my breath
                John

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure , but I'm not a complete idiot - some bits are still missing

Comment

Ah! Keynsian economics taken to its logical conclusion.

Comment

The fix? Term limits. Yes, even the baby with the bath water. This is what happens when you solicit people to vote at the Workers Compensation line and other such places. All may be entitled to vote but not all are qualified mentally.
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Your Old Dog
                      The fix? Term limits. Yes, even the baby with the bath water. This is what happens when you solicit people to vote at the Workers Compensation line and other such places. All may be entitled to vote but not all are qualified mentally.
                      We already have term limits on every office.

We call it "elections". If you have a problem with the way people are voting, you have every right and every opportunity to change it yourself by getting out there to support the candidates of your choice. If you are convinced that only morons are voting, then you simply must get out there and find the Mensa members who are forgetting to vote, and convince them otherwise.

The way it works is that if enough people agree with you, change is made. If not, then majority rules. And that is the way it is supposed to be. Very effective term limits.

Comment

I don't understand how leaders like the ones we have now get voted in a second time? Our mayor has businesses downtown, guess where all the taxes have been going for the last 3 years... Town is falling apart and roads are riddled with potholes but guess what, we have this pretty new water fountain downtown. Plus the water fountain was supposed to be recycled water but some stipulation that someone over looked while building the fountain made it where the fountain has to use fresh water all the time and the water drains strait into the river...

yup, our mayor got voted in a second time...
                        Andy

Comment

I go out and vote in every election. About 1/2 the times I vote, the candidate of my choice wins, the other half, not. If I get really uncertain about the potential outcome, I'll go help my candidate's campaign in some way. If I am not happy with any of the choices, I have the option of running for office myself. I'm pretty sure that's how it's always supposed to work, and it does.

In the case of your mayor, it's the same thing. Apparently not enough people saw things the same way as you. Perhaps the mayor did a better job of getting word out regarding his or her "message". Or, maybe that mayor just had some benefactors that went and paid all the voters. Did the mayor do anything else besides install a fountain? Was there any balance to the person's "good vs. evil" actions?

We have "selectmen" in my town. I am definitely in the minority here with my support for 2 of the 5. But rather than just complain about the job that the majority of the board is doing, I show up at meetings to respectfully voice my opposition, write letters to the Board Of Selectmen, and voice my support for two of five votes on various matters. I don't even agree with some of the actions of those two, but at least I have a voice and exercise it where it counts.

Democracy is always a work in progress. It takes work, and there are setbacks in any project.

Comment

Originally posted by PixMan
                            We already have term limits on every office.

We call it "elections". If you have a problem with the way people are voting, you have every right and every opportunity to change it yourself by getting out there to support the candidates of your choice. If you are convinced that only morons are voting, then you simply must get out there and find the Mensa members who are forgetting to vote, and convince them otherwise.

The way it works is that if enough people agree with you, change is made. If not, then majority rules. And that is the way it is supposed to be. Very effective term limits.
                            Thats a red herring

Politics & economics have very little in common (except when the politicians get their hands in the till), - you didn't get to vote for the policy's of Leemans.

International banking & multi nationals run the show, politicians are allowed to tinker @ the edges, so we can get cross & shouty @ the govenment & we miss whats realy going on. it's all smoke & mirrors.

To find the source of coruption.............follow the money

You, me, all of us, we all work for the bank
                            John

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure , but I'm not a complete idiot - some bits are still missing

Comment

We are witnessing the inherent flaw with democracies. The electorate have been voting themselves a larger and larger share of the productive peoples wealth.
                              It cannot be sustained.

Comment

Working...
                              X