Looking For S. Florida Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For S. Florida Members

I'm trying to make more room, so I have to let some things go. Free for the taking is a genuine, pre-turn of the century, Barnes Velocipede. No, this is not a bicycle but the scroll saw. It's in good shape but missing the seat and peddles. Apparently, the previous owner removed them and was using it with a 1/2 HP motor. This is a parallel arm saw and has a very deep throat at 23-1/2". This model saw was featured on at least one Wood Wright shop episode and Roy managed not to cut himself in the episode I saw.

Note, I was going to donate it to a museum but they're only interested in complete machines.

http://www.tooltimer.com/barnes2.html
    http://www.blueoxmill.com/antique-woodworking-tools.htm

Also being dumped is a very large stack of service manuals for various 1980s-1990s marine electronics ...Uniden, SMR, Datamarine, Standard, Apelco, ICOM, etc, both VHF radios and depth finders. Also land mobile radio, mostly Motorola & GE. This stuff has been in storage since I closed my marine electronics store about 16 years ago.

As I go through my storage bay there will undoubtedly be more stuff going including vintage instruments, some of which are military.
    Last edited by Chris S.; 08-28-2011, 03:21 PM.

Chris, if you have any railroad-related items you wish to donate, the Gold Coast Railroad Museum (on the grounds of MetroZoo on SW 152 St in South Dade) would love to hear from you!

Comment

Originally posted by Video Man
      Chris, if you have any railroad-related items you wish to donate, the Gold Coast Railroad Museum (on the grounds of MetroZoo on SW 152 St in South Dade) would love to hear from you!
      I think I have a "Big Boy" tucked away somewhere. You'd think I'd be able to find something like that!

Kidding aside, the only RR stuff that I have is my old 1960's vintage HO's and some FEC steel I scrounged when they removed a spur that used to deliver lumber to the Ocean City Lumber Co. My favorite bar sits there now but I still miss the spur and the lumber yard.

Chris

Comment

I'll be happy (Overjoyed actually) to take that Velocipede off of your hands...
        I'm in Palm Bay...(south Brevard County)
        Where in south Florida are you located ?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyd
          I'll be happy (Overjoyed actually) to take that Velocipede off of your hands...
          I'm in Palm Bay...(south Brevard County)
          Where in south Florida are you located ?
          Hi Johnny,
          I also saw your reply on the PM forum. I live in Delray Beach.

Thanks,
          Chris

Comment

I sent you a pm...

Comment

Thanks, Chris, for your reply. While we do have an extensiveHO and o-gauge model layout in the children's area, I'm not trying to beat you out of your HO things, they probably have some good collector value! Thanks again for replying.

Comment

Working...
              X