David Decaussin UMC-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Decaussin UMC-10

I am looking for a thread that was posted a while back about this new small CNC machine center but I have searched several ways and can not find it. There is a youtube video of this machine and the maker David Decaussin. The video has an email address and I have sent several emails over the last month never to be answered. Does anyone know this guy and if he is actually making these machines for sale?

Here is that youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-y03hhCCME

Thanks Mike

I never heard back from David either, but the price was passed around by PM. It's pretty comparable to the price of a Tormach.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Can you PM me the price you got. I like this machine better than the Tormach but I might go with the Tormach if I can't get a hold of him.

Thanks Mike

Comment

Your inbox is full
        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo
          Your inbox is full
          I did not know that I just cleared it out.

Thanks Mike

Comment

He sold one on E-bay about 4 months ago. I believe it sold for around $6000.

Comment

gundog,
              Check your PM
              Mark Hockett

Comment

Why does the price need to stay private? I had gotten a PM as to the price, but I am just wondering why it is taboo to state it publicaly?

Comment

I am that one that originally said that I would PM the pricing. I have shared it with a couple people as have other who got pricing direct.
                  The logic is that this forum does not support direct selling and advertising.
                  Since the price was not published publicly and were in a direct email from Dave to me I asked for PM's.

Also I don't like to put a price in print that might change.

Dave

Comment

I got a hold of Mr Decaussin and I am probably going to buy one of these machines. He plans to build a dozen of them in about 3 months that is what he told me.

Mike

Comment

Has he given you a detailed spec. and a firm price.

Phil

Originally posted by gundog
                      I got a hold of Mr Decaussin and I am probably going to buy one of these machines. He plans to build a dozen of them in about 3 months that is what he told me.

Mike

Comment

I did not get detailed specs more than what he said on his video but he did tell me the rapid travel was 500IPM. I like this machine better than the imports but it is not cheap I hope I can swing it. He did give me a price with tool changer of around $18500.

Mike

Comment

Umc10

The UMC10 machines are coming to market real soon. The first is assembled and a customer has spoken for it.The second is close to being assembled and available! many more to follow...

Comment

18,500..... owch. I couldn't swing that. I may just have to drool over others. I'm really wanting something other than the little conversion for hopefully getting into robotics more heavily. Tormach at 10 or 11K would be the upper end of what I could swing though I think.

Really cool machine though.

Comment

I think he has been planning to sell these mills commercially for quite some time. I haven't as yet heard of anybody that has received one. Has anybody seen a detailed spec for this machine.

Phil

Originally posted by gundog

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X