Coolant hose source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant hose source?

I need some armored coolant hose,3/8"ID,by armored I mean flexible metal jacketed so chips don't melt holes in it.Our big lathe at work has the coolant line ran inside a flexible wire tray.I'm tired of replacing it every few months due to chips melting holes in it.The original hose that came with the machine had a thin spiral sheet metal jacket similar to Greenfield electrical wire.
    Any ideas where to find it?
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Stay-Put Flexible Metal Coolant Hose: http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/117/2187/=dummnb

That said, Loc-Line would also work and is easily found.

Comment

Nice chromed metal clad hoses at your bathroom store!

Comment

Why not buy a few feet of armored wire and just rip the wire out and run some hose of your choice through the center?
        Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Grohe handshower and pull-out facet hoses... 1/2 inch IP fitting on each end. Dead easy. Oh... they have a lifetime warranty Many other brands also... but I know that Grohe is metal, not chomed plastic.

Those "stay-put" flex hoses from McMaster look like the ticket though!
          Last edited by lakeside53; 08-30-2011, 11:47 PM.

Comment

You could have a look around here.

http://www.summitracing.com
            Steve

Comment

Guess I should have mentioned I need a 14 foot long piece of it Not the nozzle end either,the supply length that runs from the coolant pump to the carriage.

Thought about flexible conduit,but it won't bend as tight a radius as the wire tray.Also limited on space in the tray.
              Last edited by wierdscience; 08-31-2011, 12:00 AM.
              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

ha.. 3x 5 foot shower hoses! Super flexible...

or you can order all sorts of metal clad hose from McMaster in lengths up to the full reel (100ft)

Example - look up the item and it will take you to the catalog page:

Item 5676T32 - $40 for the first foot with one male and female fitting, 54 cents an inch after that.

or, for really flexible and 1558 psi...

Item 54875K13 - $43.54 plus $1.39 per inch.
                Last edited by lakeside53; 08-31-2011, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X