No announcement yet.

roughing cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand him, its no great shakes of a cut just over 2mm. Whether thats off the diameter or the actual cut?

Either way its not much of a cut and will be either down to material flex, tool height/blunt or more probable is the machine is flexing whether thats the headstock bearings or slides and castings.

Speed the revs up as well.

Comment

I guess I'm just the impatient type, but getting full, accurate details from "Bryce.R" is like trying to get agreement on Capitol Hill about mandated health care. The latter may actually be easier, and the odd thing is that we're all just trying to help him solve problems.

He's got two other threads in another section of the forum that are also entitled "Roughing cuts", and in only one of them did we learn it's a 1985 build date machine with a 1250mm bed length. Still no idea of the make, model HP, swing, tool holders, insert shapes, grades, chipbreakers or brands; a dearth of information.

Good luck getting any more than that. I give up.

Comment

[
        He's got two other threads in another section of the forum that are also entitled "Roughing cuts", and in only one of them did we learn it's a 1985 build date machine with a 1250mm bed length. Still no idea of the make, model HP, swing, tool holders, insert shapes, grades, chipbreakers or brands; a dearth of information.

I am only new to machineing so i dont know all of the fancy terms as yet.
        Lathe= 1985 mcmillan lathe bed length 1250mm
        1 hp im pretty sure could be 1.5 but its in that area anyway
        Toolholder came with the lathe so im not sure what brand.
        triangleular incerts from kennametal
        swing?

Comment

Working...
        X