cnc plasma table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cnc plasma table

Do any of you all have or use a CNC plasma cutter table? There are quite a few projects coming up that I could use one.

I would want a table capable of handling at least 2.5m x 1.5m material.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

I`ve got a 3m x 1.5m cnc table.Wish now I had bought a longer bed machine.Would have had more time cutting and less time loading.

Comment

ePlasma table

Ihave a home built one that works well and will take up to a5X10 ft. sheet. Owning one of these WILL change the way you work!
      Plain ol Bill

Comment

Bill, do you happen to have photos of and plans for your DIY table?

Comment

I built one years ago and it was fun to do and fun while it lasted.
          It was small 4x4 or so and used a small inverter plasma machine..
          good up to 3/8.

they make way too much of a mess for me, though, to have justified
          keeping it. I changed the torch out for a router .. that was a lot more
          fun as you could do some limited 3D stuff in wood/plastic/etc.

i broke it down and have all the parts with the intention of building
          a smaller router table instead with a good spindle and plenty of Z axis.

keep in mind that they are loud and they are dirty.. unless you have another
          space to put it in or a heavy shower curtain I'd suggest making something
          beefier that you can use for other tools and drop the plasma in every
          now and again when you need it.

Tony

Comment

I'm currently building one when I have the spare time.I probably have half the parts made so far.Just have to get the base and water tank done,then it's on to the electronic stuff.

Oh,the mess is a problem,that's why I'm going with a water tank.No smoke or sparks that way.
            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

i had a water tank!
              maybe it wasn't deep enough (fills full of crap FAST).. or close enough
              to the table surface, i dunno.

word of wisdom: make the short axis higher off of the table than you
              think you need. cutting thin sheet makes it warp ALOT and you'll crash
              often (or move your sheet & lose your ref) if your overhead clearance is
              too small.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Tony
                i had a water tank!
                maybe it wasn't deep enough (fills full of crap FAST).. or close enough
                to the table surface, i dunno.

word of wisdom: make the short axis higher off of the table than you
                think you need. cutting thin sheet makes it warp ALOT and you'll crash
                often (or move your sheet & lose your ref) if your overhead clearance is
                too small.

Tony
                Point taken,16" deep seems to be the minimum depth on most commercialy built ones.Also I plan on making the cutting grid a unit that lifts out with at least 10" of water under it.

Going to have 12" of Z travel and the water tank will be capable of being lowered another 6".Planning a 4th axis to handle up to 12" tubes as well.

Comment

Sort of documented build

Michael you asked if I had more info about my build. I did a rough documentation at the time and you can find it here:
                  http://www.cnczone.com/forums/plasma...10_plasma.html
                  It was a fun project!
                  Plain ol Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Plain ol Bill
                    Michael you asked if I had more info about my build. I did a rough documentation at the time and you can find it here:
                    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/plasma...10_plasma.html
                    It was a fun project!
                    Very nice!

Nice knives to BTW!

Comment

Thank you, Bill. Very impressive!

Comment

Working...
                      X