shameless gloat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shameless gloat

Havent had one in a while, and frankly the wife could care less, cats are even less excited, (I think-who can tell?)

Hendy 12" shaper, from others that had looked at it-was told it was the cadilac of this model. Runs very smooth, love the clutch option ( I have had a few smaller shapers and that is a nice feature) Not sure if the table is universal (not sure what that even is) Appears to have some automatic downfeed option. Cool machine. Cant wait to get it moved but have to go on a mission trip first.

180 bucks well spent I think
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

First machine ever, ive seen with a built in ash tray ..

all you need now is cup holders and cigar lighter and stereo.

all the best.markj

Comment

Not just 1 but there are 2 ashtrays!
      "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

Comment

Originally posted by plastikosmd
        Not just 1 but there are 2 ashtrays!
        True, but tipping them into the ashcan when full is a real problem.

That's an unbelievable bargain because it's probably below scrap value. You did extremely well, and deserve to gloat. That you even go the vise and a toolholder really sweetens the deal, just plug n' play.

So it that in your shop already?

Comment

Very nice find and a well earned gloat.

Comment

no, about 8 miles from home. I think I will use a rigger. I am getting older and smarter, tho not at the same rate. I have sold my drop deck trailer that allowed me to move 2 abenes and my big rivett by myself. I just need to calculate the velocity required to get it through a doorway widthwise, thinkin just under 60mph

Comment

Hendy 12

I got one of these for the shop where I worked. It looks like you
              have the key to tilt the head. I had to make one. It took about 4
              tries. The key looks something like a drill press key.

The vise turns 3 ways. It rotates on the table By loosening
              the nuts that hold it down. The tabs don't touch the table.

Great machine!

Comment

Wow..its got a H pattern gearbox....

You need to fit flappy paddles to get max performance.

I've just got an Elliot 10m...

Whys everyone getting shapers all of a sudden.

Rob

Comment

Looks like auto downfeed as well, truly fully loaded.
                  James Kilroy

Comment

Nice, Really nice score. That's for sure under scrap value. From a jealous perspective all you guys with concrete floors SUCK!!!!!! Even if I found a deal like that, And I won't, I'd have to say no.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by uncle pete
                      Nice, Really nice score. That's for sure under scrap value. From a jealous perspective all you guys with concrete floors SUCK!!!!!! Even if I found a deal like that, And I won't, I'd have to say no.

Pete
                      I feel your pain...been looking for a shaper for YEARS and there jest ain't any 'round these parts - but perfect Hendys are only $180 in cherry shape if you live in the right place...

Comment

HW,
                        LOL,I do own a shaper, A 7" South Bend that cost me far more than the one shown here. If the OPs shaper turns out to be in fact a universal then that just makes it tougher for me to think about and much better for the new owner. I'm jealous, But it's sure nice to see somebody score a great deal.

Pete

Comment

It is universal and has downfeed. I guess it would be salt on the wound to show the piles of free stock included! I don't know what is 'universal' about it or how handy the down feed will be, as I never had it before. I'm in love with the clutch. So darn smooth with access on both sides of the ram. It was cool and will make setup and working easier.

Only other pic, sorry it is on side, can u imagine 200 spm, chips would fly!
                          Last edited by plastikosmd; 09-10-2011, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Plastik,
                            For a universal Your table should rotate, (Standing in front of the machine the table should rotate clockwise or anti clockwise or both.) Power downfeed too ya bastard Supposed to be excellent for doing dovetails. Again you made a awesome score and I'm happy for you.

I can't say for sure but you might check www.lathes.co.uk There's a good chance your shaper and some tips for operation might be on that site. Check the shaper section.

Pete

Comment

Ok saw how it rotated, didn't know that is what made it universal. You also gave me a hint how down feed will be useful. I didn't know if the down feed would be used for a slot, or on the move with each step or at the end of the cut when ready for the next pass

Comment

Working...
                              X