Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many perfectly good shoes/pants have you ruined?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many perfectly good shoes/pants have you ruined?

I know better.. but it always happens. . I just need this
    one thing out of the shop.. i'll wear my apron it'll be okay..

+1 today on the pair of shoes.. white ones at that.

All Of Them!

Comment

All of them.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

all of them

Comment

What else are they good for?
          Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

And shirts, too. Those who know me know that I wear only white shirts. Call it a character defect. However, if I am working in the shop or garage or yard, I"ll wear one of the shirts that was once all white.
            Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
            ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

My entire wardrobe consists of Dark Blue Tee shirts and Blue jeans that get worn until they rot off.

So ya,all of them.
              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Just one more reason why machinists should work naked !!! I tried it once and started a new dance craze as a result of hot, sticking chips. Naw, I'm a terrible liar.

I used to use those heavy duty blue lab coats but I found that they fell apart faster than my clothes did. Today I work in a pretty clean environment so it is mostly a non-issue. In my home shop most of the clothes I've ruined were the result of thinking ... I'm just going to do this one little thing as long as I'm in here. It's amazing how one can go through an entire day and not get a tear or oil splattered on you and then it's that one little thing that gets you.

Comment

Ruined a work shirt recently. Annoying.

Comment

Ruined a pair of semi-dress (business attire) pants and a nice Polo shirt recently, showing a frined how to run a carbide insert milling cutter. Pretty blue chips flying everywhere, they ended up stuck to my pants and shirt. Of course I was able to pell them off, but the indelible melt marks are there forever.

That'll teach me, wear work clothes in a work environment.

Comment

Just one more reason why machinists should work naked !!!
                      I posted a picture of me doing that a long time ago. I don't think I should do it again.
                      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

First day at work building Kenworth trucks. My brand new never worn steel toed work boots were kissed with an angle grinder right across the right toe. Clear down to the steel.

Every time I'd look down........damn.
                        Gene

Comment

When I was working full time as a machinist or toolmaker I went through a pair of Redwing steel toe chrome leather boots a year. Mostly due to all the coolant and the effect of the chips.

As for clothes, too many to count.

Comment

I absolutely hate wearing new, or even nice clothes when I'm around the house. I'm not really into the frayed jeans look, but clothes just aren't comfortable to me until they're half worn out.
                            That probably stems from my childhood. My mother would always insist I not wear my nice clothes when playing. ...never had more than two or three nice shirts or pants back then.

But the same phenomena still holds. I never spill or mess up clothes that I've worn two or three days, but invariably when I put on clean, I'll spill something on them.
                            Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

How many have a ruined...

hmmm how many unexpected crashes have I had in the lathe and mill..
                              Precision takes time.

Comment

Working...
                              X