reciprocating saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reciprocating saw

hi i just picked up a power hacksaw after cleaning it up i find it has a whole bunch of adjustments on it since i never used one i am at a bit of a loss with this it is a SHIM A made in japan the nameplate is gone can anyone help me with this it could be any brand i guess cant be that complicated ! thanks jack
    Last edited by jack3140; 09-15-2011, 06:48 PM. Reason: wrong title

photos would be nice you can take them uploadto internet and use punctuation in your text makes it more clear to read thx.

Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

Ditto on what Jaakko said; capitalization and punctuation improve readability a lot.

As far as the hacksaw.... I'm not very familiar with power hacksaws, but I do know that there should be some sort of arrangement the lifts the blade off the workpiece on the back stroke. Perhaps with that in mind you can look at the mechanism and All Will Become Clear, or at least slightly less muddy.
      ----------
      Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
      Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
      Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
      There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
      Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
      Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

i appreciate your comments on the puctuation .i agree .i wil try to do better .as for pics ,my lady took the camera with her and wont be back for a week , till then , thanks for reading my post . regards ,jack

Comment

Shima

Plugging that name into a search engine brings me Ebay Austrailia. No power hacksaw but sowing machines....where you from?

Hacksaws are crude, rude and damn near indistructable compaired to band saws!

mark61

Comment

hi i am in montreal quebec canada . i tried the name on line also but got nowhere . this thing is in great condition ,i just want to get familiar with it . i have wanted one for a long time even if i have a couple of band saws . i,ll eventually learn but it would be nice to have the manual ...especially for the adjustments ..jack

Comment

Working...
            X