Scary Welding Video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary Welding Video!

Billed as the world's smallest welder. The good part starts at about 1:09 seconds. This appears to be nothing more than a welding rod connected directly the building MAINS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqxtD...yer_detailpage

Chris

Wow, love the voice, sounds like the same dude I get when I call my credit card company. JR

Umm, a rectifier? Who knows. Scary, I want one!!!
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Most likey just a big resistor.

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen
        Most likey just a big resistor.
        or more likely a large diode.....

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Comment

Any guesses as to how many OSHA violations a device like that would create?

Comment

Looks to me like a yellow plastic cover over a stud with washers and a couple nuts.
            Andy

Comment

Originally posted by vpt
              Looks to me like a yellow plastic cover over a stud with washers and a couple nuts.
              Quite possibly.

The label makes it "official" as a welder?

Keep eye on ball.
              Hashim Khan

Comment

Didn't see that they actually welded anything.

Phil

Comment

It's a welder! It's a plasma cutter! It's a cutting torch!
                  Why spend thousands of $ on all those heavy tools that won't let you get to where you need to work because you have to lug around those heavy cables?
                  Order one today and we'll throw in a second one for free!(+ $500.00 s&h)
                  Call POS-2727 today! But wait! There's more! If you call in the next 1000 minutes, we'll throw in not one, but two pairs of our new, stylish welding glasses designed by Martha Stewart! Perfect for going to the beach as well as welding!
                  I cut it twice, and it's still too short!
                  Scott

Comment

They state that it delivers 1000 Amps @ 115V. That computes to 115,000 Watts! Then they tell you to connect the hot line to to the MAINS switch. Did you see the switch? No way on God's green earth is that decrepit old switch rated for 1000A @ 115VAC. My bet is they're connecting it directly to the (hot side of the switch) pole power transformer Mains. Secondly, take note of the wire gauge that he's connecting to the switch. It's not going to carry a KA without melting!

Chris

And they wonder why having electric power is not constant in the Philipines...

Comment

You think that one is scary? try this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAplL...eature=related
                      Hard to tell, but I think at the begining they show it wired to his mains drops before the meter (And main breaker!) at 50 seconds in, im pertty sure hes mildly electrocuting himself. look at his hand flap.

And it only gets stupider from there as he holds both ends (Apparently on the insulators) in each hand, then sticks one end to his FACE.

But at least this one is 1.8x1.8x8.5" and not 1cmx1cmx1cm like the other fist sized one. :P So you know the guy advertising it at least knows how to use a ruler.
                      Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

I especially like seeing some people on Youtube and here seriously discussing flaws of the design.
                        Mike
                        WI/IL border, USA

Comment

For there to be flaws in the design, there would first need to be a design.
                          Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

It's a perfectly valid design signed into production on April 1, 2011.
                            Mike
                            WI/IL border, USA

Comment

It looked a tad bigger than the described 1CM by 1CM.

Comment

Working...
                              X