Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who says the Chinese don't get it right ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
    Is that one of those irish blessings?

The chinese are getting worse and worse - they simply don't play fair - Im really trying to buy USA any chance I get.
    I just put a new muffler on my old honda and it's made in USA --- score! Thrush turbo's are still made in the good ole USA...

Thats just the box thats made in the US.
    Andy

Comment

Don't tell me that - I looked it over very carefully - both the box AND the muffler are made in USA.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSleepy
        Oh .... I was planning to go on holiday there this year .

Reminds me of the Jeepnies I rode in while in the Philippines.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSleepy
          Oh .... I was planning to go on holiday there this year .

WOW!

That's even better than the pink HumVee I saw.
          Paul A.
          SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
          You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Your Old Dog
            ..........Hell they'll have to put diapers on them to catch the oil..........
            So...they will be genuine Harley Davidsons after all!

Comment

Isn't that Paul Jr. with his latest OCC creation?

Comment

Originally posted by George Barnes
                Isn't that Paul Jr. with his latest OCC creation?
                Your giving OCC far too much credit to be that talented and tasteful compared to their other..............................creations?

Pete

Comment

Gee whiz, what a refreshingly original topic.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                    Bloomberg News,

Now why can't we have the same laws here ?

Be careful of what you wish! Laws like that don't stop where you may wish them to.
                    Krutch

Mentally confused and prone to wandering!

Comment

I think it is Blackmoons! Isn't that a sheep in the box? Best to all Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Your Old Dog
                        Hell they'll have to put diapers on them to catch the oil.
                        Seriously? What [newer] Harleys do you know that leak that much oil? The oil under the Harley joke is getting old.

Now the joke about Harley being a clothing company is closer to the truth, unfortunately....

China probably regulates you buy new every 11 years so they can promote their own economy selling cheap flimsy scooters on their crappy overpopulated roads.

KEJR

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
                          Is that one of those irish blessings?

The chinese are getting worse and worse - they simply don't play fair - Im really trying to buy USA any chance I get.
                          The Chinese do in fact have many illogical restrictions against motorcycles, but they aren't against Harley specifically or any other brand.

There are no motorcycles allowed on the freeways. There are no motorcycles allowed in the city centers of many major cities (Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou). These restrictions are increasing all the time, and may even come into effect in my town.
                          In most places, the size of the engine is limited to 200cc, and the vast majority of new bikes are 125cc.

There are many Hondas, but they are made in China.

The 11-year restriction is done simply to keep old, piece-of-junk bikes off the road. Around here, the vast majority of owners do not maintain their machines with any regularity. They are abused until they break, and then held together with bailing wire. Little pride of ownership, for the majority a motorcycle is just a beast of burden, and the local bikes are ugly and not worth saving anyway. So 11 years is the most you're going to get.

The roads are choked with scooters, motorcycles, electric bikes, bicycles, three-wheeled utility carts (powered and not), buses, cars, trucks, vans, etc. All competing for limited space. Motorcyclists routinely drive wherever they want - through intersections, against the light, against traffic, without lights or signal, etc - so they are seen as road hazards.

Here, riding a motorcycle is not a life-style choice, it is a necessity for the poor who can't afford a car.

Again, I'm talking about the vast majority. For the wealthy who can afford a Harley, and who are physically big enough to hold one up (not a trivial consideration for many Chinese), the regulatory restrictions almost don't apply. If you're connected and well-to-do, you can buy anything and get it licensed underground. That's how most Harleys are sold now, and will continue to be in my opinion.

Have you seen how the Chinese drive? I cannot bring myself to imagine driving on the freeway with Chinese drivers on Harleys. Oh, the carnage.

And Boomer, you want to buy American? Commendable, but what percentage of the components of a Harley are actually made in the USA?

Comment

I was just in Sturgis three months ago, and we stopped in the Harley shop. Not a single bike on the floor, not designed for them really. 3/4ths floor space devoted to clothes, rest for bolt on stuff, stickers and such. This was two weeks before the rally, and they had lines at both registers. Amazing!
                            I'm here hoping to advancify my smartitude.

Comment

Originally posted by KEJR
                              Seriously? What [newer] Harleys do you know that leak that much oil? The oil under the Harley joke is getting old.

KEJR
                              Like British warm beer and Lucas, smile and live with it.

At least it's proper beer and we did manage to sell Lucas to the Yanks

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Didn't Honda buy them at one time. Anybody want a brand new Honda-Davidson.
                                The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X