want to start a club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to start a club

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi ,
    my name is joe and i live in oshkosh wi and i am very interested in starting a club in my area. i am looking for people with the same interests i have a small machine shop and wood shop and am into small engines,steam and sterling engines alterinitive and free energy and just tinkering on things in my shop. what i would like is to get other people like me to get together and discuss things or help each other on projects . i am realy serius about starting this club i will give you my email so you cantact me if interested to
    thank you

joe niehaus email [email protected]

If you want to tinker with wood and metal on airplanes, head over to the airport and spend some time with the EAA guys restoring airplanes. You'll get to hang out with guys who have vast knowledge of metal and wood working. Plus get cool pictures of things you've actually accomplished instead of stories about the time and money you wasted learning that there is no such thing as "free energy".

Steve
    Last edited by SteveF; 09-21-2011, 08:42 AM.

Comment

You'll have a lot of contact posting your Email in a forum...

Comment

Originally posted by moe1942
        You'll have a lot of contact posting your Email in a forum...

moe1942 is correct - put an ad in your local Craigslist. Folks who are searching for machines will see it.

Comment

Joe check out KidsKartClub.org for a local club in your area that teaches kids how to work with metal and tools to make there own racing go kart.

Comment

club

Wow I did not think that trying to start this club was going to be this hard.I can not believe that there aren't others like me with with a small machine shop that likes to tinker on things.

Comment

Club

I use to live about 20 miles north of you in Neenah, WI but have now retired to NC where I have my machine shop.
              Bill

Being ROAD KILL on the Information Super Highway and Electronically Challenged really SUCKS!!

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

Comment

Originally posted by jobax
                Wow I did not think that trying to start this club was going to be this hard.I can not believe that there aren't others like me with with a small machine shop that likes to tinker on things.
                There are, but we don't all live near Oshkosh.

Steve

Comment

I am fairly close, there are others in WI on this forum but it seams we are all located at the corners of the state and me in the middle. I have a buddy in town that is into machining but is waiting to get machines until his shop is built.

The best and easiest I found is just coming to this forum for help and common interests.
                  Andy

Comment

After a lifetime of involvement I say----

Dont start a formal group with rules, specific meeting places and shared property. Instead make friends with all you meet with similar interests and let the group evolve naturally, if it does develop then encourage it, if it does not then simply cherish the friendships you make. Many of the clubs and groups are overburdened with want to bees and non achievers, catering to them will sap your energy and slow your hobby activities. Most larger groups have a small inner group of achievers whose collective efforts far exceed the total contribution of the rest of the members. It is better to have three reliable friends than to be catering to thirty or more bickering largely non contributing group members, and hoping for more help. These observations are NOT in any way meant to decry or diminish anyone.s desire to join a group, but are how I,( probably a type A personality) now see the need for group involvement. The internet has been a means whereby many can feel they belong without the necessity of taking much time away from their primary interests, and without having to actively co operate at times when they would rather be lone hands. Regards to all David Powell.

Comment

Working...
                    X