The "English Language" thread brings to mind a topic I've always found interesting: names of places and subdivisions, and such.

Very near me is a subdivision that has all the street names reflecting computers and/or software. Naturally, the main entrance is "Disc Drive." Been a few years since I drove through, so I don't recall many others, but they're all something like Ram Way, Floppy Drive, Memory Lane, etc.

One developer in this area named the streets in one of his developments for his family members. A daughter gave rise to "Lisa" street. Of particular interest was "Bubba" street. Not sure I'd want that for my address.

Southerners historically have seemed to go more for real down home, rustic names than most of the country. One of my favorites is the town of "Lick Skillet", Tennessee. Actually I think there are other Lick Skillets around the south.

Anybody got any unusual names in your area(s)? I would think the Brits would have some entertaining offerings. Probably Aussies too.

One local county road I like is "Butter and Egg Road." Not hard to imagine where that one came from.