OT It was just a belt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT It was just a belt...

I have had these jobs before and I am sure others as well. For about 4 years now I have been putting off working on the cloths washer. When running it would click and clunk away very loudly like there was a tooth missing on a gear which made me think it was going to be a big endeavor to fix. Well I went at it today after listening to it clack away last night until 10pm (it was fresh on my mind). Pulled the front cover and the first thing I see is the spring tensioner pulley is crooked and I though, boy I hope its that easy. Pulled the motor out with 4 easy bolts and saw the worst V-belt I have ever seen in my life that was still turning. In one spot there was less then 1/4X1/4" of cord and rubber holding it together. Sections up to 3" totally missing the V part of the belt and where there was V left it was cracked every 1".

So just ended up getting a belt, putting a shim washer in the idler pulley arm to take up the slop and straiten the pulley out again and all is good!

Can't believe I put up with it for so long when it was such an easy fix.
    Andy

'cause you thought it was going to be an expensive repair is why.
    It's only ink and paper

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. A lot of times the procrastination is worse than the actual job. Leaves you thinking, "I should have done this a long time ago".
      Jonathan P.

Comment

Originally posted by Carld
        'cause you thought it was going to be an expensive repair is why.

That may have been part of it as well.
        Andy

Comment

I procrastinate a lot.

One answer to it is to say to yourself, "I'll just open it up for a look-see, with no intention of fixing it right now."

Once you've rid yourself of high expectations, any progress is good progress.
          Richard - SW London, UK, EU.

Comment

Working...
          X