ot whatever happened to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ot whatever happened to?

What became of the two guys shooting people from the trunk of a car ?and what happened to michael jacksons doctor? It simply went quiet on the news front ?Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

I think the Michael Jackson's Doctor trial is underway now.

As for the trunk shooters, I believe the older one was convicted and given the death penalty. Tho I don't think it's been carried out yet - probably never will, or at least will take 25 or 30 years to go round and round through the appeals process.

The younger one only got some prison time.

I may be wrong, but that's what I recall.
    Last edited by lynnl; 09-27-2011, 11:08 AM.
    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair Hosie
      What became of the two guys shooting people from the trunk of a car ?Execution by lethal injection

and what happened to michael jacksons doctor?Michael Jackson's doctor on trial

‎About 1,780 results(0.22 seconds)

IBNLive.com - 29 minutes ago

It simply went quiet on the news front ?Alistair
      It's a wide wide web out there..........
      Last edited by johnhurd; 09-27-2011, 11:12 AM.

Comment

I think most killers on death row eventually die of old age before the sentence is ever imposed. Unless of course, the crime was in some way against the federal government, e.g. Timothy McVeigh.

I don't recall exact details, but there was one would-be presidential assassin down in Miami, FL, back in the 1920's or 30's, who missed the president (or maybe it was a presidential candidate) and killed someone else. He was tried, convicted, and executed, all within about 30 days.
        Now that's the way to administer justice!
        Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Turn your TV on. If you don't follow the news you wont know what the news is.

Phil

and what happened to michael jacksons doctor? It simply went quiet on the news front ?Alistair

Comment

As I say it all died down here in the uk we never heard what happened to them.also what happened to the guy who broke into the pentagon files from England has he been extradited yet ? seems he won't get a fair trial to me the prosecuters were talking of frying him he is just a kid didn't mean any harm really just stupid but bright plenty of them running the country.Alistair
            Last edited by Alistair Hosie; 09-27-2011, 12:16 PM.
            Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl
              As for the trunk shooters, I believe the older one was convicted and given the death penalty. Tho I don't think it's been carried out yet - probably never will
              I may be wrong, but that's what I recall.
              Yep, I was wrong. The older of the two was executed about two years ago.
              http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...0-sniper_N.htm

Most news events take so long to fully play out, it's hard to keep track. Especially if you don't make a habit of watching the news every day, which I don't. And murder cases almost always drag on for many years, so when a new development makes the news, one has almost forgotten the related circumstances.

As for Michael Jackson, that was essentially a non-event to me from the outset.
              Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

I think the Michael Jackson's Doctor trial is underway now. ....
                There is a bit of a funny side to the Michael Jackson trial.

Apparently at first the family refused to blame the doctor, and wanted to sue the pharmacy--but then after the prescription records were obtained...... it was discovered that the doctor had gotten drugs from multiple pharmacies, just to hide how much he was obtaining.

Then the family still refused to blame the doctor, and wanted to sue the pharmaceutical company that made the drug,,,,, and the judge said "ummmm, nope".

So now--only after all the "deep pockets" are off the playing field--is the one person responsible facing the consequences.

Comment

I think most killers on death row eventually die of old age before the sentence is ever imposed.
                  Well, I guess you could consider that a form of execution, leave them until they rot, it just takes a long time to get done.
                  The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

The trial of Jackson's Dr. was in the news on the radio today. They were playing a tape of Jackson's speech while under influence of the drug which killed him.
                    Jim

Comment

As I say it all died down here in the uk we never heard what happened to them.also what happened to the guy who broke into the pentagon files from England has he been extradited yet ? seems he won't get a fair trial to me the prosecuters were talking of frying him he is just a kid didn't mean any harm really just stupid but bright plenty of them running the country.Alistair
                      What is the matter, Alistair, has this forum been running to smooth to suit you? No fights, no locked threads, if you are trying to stir something up, the above post is just likely to do that, why don't you do us a favor and take those kind of things somewhere else?
                      James

Comment

Last I heard Michael Jacksons still dead, most people don't expect that to change but there are still some firm believers that he's coming back soon.

I'll keep you posted by PM's so your the first to know if anything changes...

Same goes for the shootings - everyone that got shot still did so nothings really changed - one of the shooters that got executed is also still dead.

what's really disturbing is that Michael Jackson and the shooter that got executed are not the only people out there that need to "get a life" ;>}
                        Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 09-28-2011, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Randall
                          What is the matter, Alistair, has this forum been running to smooth to suit you? No fights, no locked threads, if you are trying to stir something up, the above post is just likely to do that, why don't you do us a favor and take those kind of things somewhere else?
                          James
                          Huh? What prompted that?

Alistair just asked a question, seeking some factual, objective information. And it seems to me that's exactly what has taken place. The echange has been civil.

Any thread or topic whatsoever has the potential to turn into a catfight, but that's dependent on the contributors who make it so. Not simply the one who started the thread.
                          Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Alistairs a funny guy who has a fascination with some of the goings ons around here - but when your over here you cannot believe how much air time crap like the michael jackson thing gets - so most of us are sick of it including me and JR,

still - I understand why it fascinates some i guess and thats why I gave him a smile at the end of my post - he's a big boy and knows how to take a joke...

Comment

WHAT!!!..............Michael Jackson's dead?
                              Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                              Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Working...
                              X