O/T Airshow incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/T Airshow incident

After discussing the Reno show accident with a friend of mine he sent me this and I thought it was really interesting,

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y90vnB6gUME

This is just as interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzMXj...eature=related

Comment

You've been Tubed!
      The explaination video is a couple more down. Half that video is remote control.
      Bricolage anyone?....one of lifes fun games.

Comment

In other words I've been had!

Sorry about that.

Comment

You'd have to use a BUNCH of rudder to pick the (missing) wing up!

Comment

Not to be one of those guys that says "I told you so" about it being a fake. but Its another fake.

the Footage has been lifted from a flight simulator. By looking closely at the video you can see the computer rendering.

appologies, but i hate all of the fake videos on the 'tube and cant help pointing them out

Comment

The real deal-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2lH7YBqZo0
              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

They forgot to install some to the wing retaining bolts on the F117.
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I have a friend who runs security on airshows as a sideline business and works all over the country. He didn't like it when I told him I thought air shows were a leading cause of pilot deaths. I still think I'm right. Not the same I know but the only time I've ever been in trouble on my motorcycle was when I was showing off. Are shows are meant to show off the craft and the pilots.
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Your Old Dog
                    I have a friend who runs security on airshows as a sideline business and works all over the country. He didn't like it when I told him I thought air shows were a leading cause of pilot deaths. I still think I'm right. Not the same I know but the only time I've ever been in trouble on my motorcycle was when I was showing off. Are shows are meant to show off the craft and the pilots.
                    Very true.

But it is an intrinsic human nature to take pride in what one has built or learned.
                    There's no joy for anyone to spend time learning skills or building something only to have that "work" locked up for neither participant or spectator to enjoy.

It is what we are, and why we have an artistic flare.
                    Without risk there can no gain. The higher the risk or personal input, the greater the personal gain or enjoyment. It is there also for those who appreciate what is on the plate.

I've had more fond memories in my life doing something "dangerous", than Ive had watching TV.

But I'm sure that I'm preaching to the choir here.
                    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

F117 crash

The guy in the video seems to have a pretty limited vocabulary.
                      Kansas City area

Comment

Yeah, he seems to have a fixation on feces from heaven-
                        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Originally posted by darryl
                          Yeah, he seems to have a fixation on feces from heaven-
                          A crap commentary
                          John

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure , but I'm not a complete idiot - some bits are still missing

Comment

Originally posted by Your Old Dog
                            Sorry but you are not even close.

http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/stats/safety.html

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF
                              Sorry but you are not even close.

http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/stats/safety.html

Steve
                              I noticed a steady decline in the number of deaths since the 1950s ..Is that because the number of pilots has been steadily decreasing aswell..

Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X