Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major milestone...cnc..

Well after 4 years.yep thats right.LOL!

I started this bridgeport boss conversion to Mach that long ago. Many thanks to Sir John for getting me straight on what to buy for it. I replaced everything in the cabnet.70 % of the original wiring..New shield wire to the steppers.

I had this going a couple years ago but my job change 3 years ago messed up everything..I work away for extended times and I didnt feel like starting over everytime I was home and had some time to play with it. The last time I was going to give it another shot at learning how to cut something my computer that was running it had the hard drive die.. Stupid me didnt record any of the settings for the steppers and lost my mach license and wizards license. Soooo I was forced to start all over at the setup for the machine.

Fast forward to a couple days ago... Started playing with it and cut some wood for practice. Today I attempted to make me a sign for the shop door. It isnt completed and far from perfect but I figure this has to be a BIG deal for my poor cnc ability. You dont know the feeling of finally seeing something that you dont know anything about do something! Here is a pic.

That is great work! I have followed your rebuild of the BP, glad to see it close to completion. Keep the pictures of your work coming. By the way, I have always enjoyed your pictures of huge lathes and large workpieces. JIM
    jim

Comment

Thanks Jim. : )

:-D

Comment

Tenacity accomplishes more then any other trait in my book. Nicely done.
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Nice and full marks for perseverance, it's easy to leave a project unfinished.

I like the font for the purpose it has. Years ago we used to have an old guy come round to sign write customers trucks. He used to make a fantastic job and they always stood out.

I asked him one day why he went to all the bother of putting shading on etc and not just block letters.

His reply was that all trades had a font that suited that trade and when he did our vans he used a font like New Times with a serif. He reconed skilled trades had a serif and shadowing, general trades had non serif fonts like Ariel and visual trades like florists had fancy fonts.

Although we don't use sign writing anymore in favour of stick on letters I still have the truck done in serif fonts with shadows.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Nice job.
            Most people would have given up.
            Which version of Bridgeport did you convert?
            Thanks
            Dave

Comment

It was a boss 6.

Comment

Wow, congrats!! Great work!
                "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

congrats, must be a great feeling....hoping to share it one day
                  in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Great aint it.
                    Next step after you get things figured out is a rotary table with a stepper on it.
                    Like this one on my boss 5
                    Hears some inspiration. WHOO WHOOOO

Then you can work on round things.

Comment

I doubt ill ever master the cad cam code ect.. that is way cool.I'm in awe of the stuff you guys do with cnc.I need a Tutor. Someday when I retire.. thanks guys.

Comment

Looks like a serious piece of work and very nicely done, but what are they?

Phil

Originally posted by sdeering
                        Then you can work on round things.

Comment

Originally posted by philbur
                          Looks like a serious piece of work and very nicely done, but what are they?

Phil
                          They are left hand versions of these

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Funny

Rifle bolts.

Comment

Working...
                            X