A chiseled relief pistol barrel made with rifflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Yup, that's all I wanted to say.
    I'm here hoping to advancify my smartitude.

Comment

Originally posted by gwilson
      I suppose I could write it o.k.. Just a question of time,money,and energy. Thank you for your kind thoughts,and all the others,too.
      It can be done. Over the years I have turned out over two dozen articles on various subjects for HSM, MW and DM. All while plodding through a regular day job, carrying on with the usual social and family obligations, and the occasional moonlight job. There are others that are more prolific, skilled and imaginative than I am.

Pick a subject or object that you did in the past and write 3000 words about it. Add some pictures and some sketches. If the project was done long in the past and no longer available, remake a few small details and document the process with photos. You are showing how, not what - demonstrating the process, not the product.

Some of the threads you posted here are a good starting point. Add a few more details to each and you are off to a good start on a book.

However, don't let your penchant for perfection get in your way, or you will never finish - or even start.
      Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
      ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

I think some of the stuff George does would be better served by video taping.
        George is one of those rare craftsmen that I would pay to just sit and watch him work.

Comment

Working...
        X