No announcement yet.

O.T. How to deal with difficult people at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An anonymous phone call to OSHA giving details of when,where,what,and how management ignored the hazard will wake them up.

Comment

Jugs and john:It was a joke for Pete's sake. Don't get your pants in a wad. I never do things like that. I am artistic,not a thug. You,John,are just looking for something to come down on me,and I in an unguarded moment gave it to you. Hurray for you. My first suggestion was the real approach. Calling OSHA is a good one,too.
      Last edited by gwilson; 10-03-2011, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Add me to the list of Jugs and John GW ---- didn't see a smiley face or anything so didn't think you were joking... just sayin...

Comment

Sorry,I was smiley face NEGLIGENT Some people should know from the work I have posted that I am artistically inclined,not thuggish,and never was. I deserve to be reported to OOSM(office of smiley faces.)!!
          Last edited by gwilson; 10-03-2011, 10:15 AM.

Comment

three in a row makes up for it, but we'll be watching u ---------

Comment

Smiley face Gestapo,HUH????

Comment

2x for the call to OSHA (or the Canadian equivelant).

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by KiddZimaHater
                  An anonymous phone call to OSHA giving details of when,where,what,and how management ignored the hazard will wake them up.
                  In some ways OSHA is a joke. By law they have to arrive through the front door. They can not enter the factory work area for 10 minutes. This gives people plenty of time to tip off workers and straighten a few things up. Once OSHA is there they will do a complete search and fines can be $5000 or more for the company. Even a specific complaint like a worker refusing to follow orders can not be stopped all OSHA can do is make sure the dust collector works, gringer is safe, electrical cords are ok, guards are in place, etc. We had a problem of this type at work and after a worker called OSHA a few times management was pissed off big time and demanded rules be inforced. The people that got caught refusing to follow rules were fired on the spot. After several jerks were fired the remaining jerks straighten up to keep their job.
                  Last edited by gary350; 10-03-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Over here in the U.K. some years back, i had a couple of instances where everyone was too lily livered to take decisive action, on a couple of "not nice"scenarios

The first incident was a factory building,i worked in on an industrial estate, one particular winter we had an excessive rainfall, Upon turning up on the mornings, lying on the workshop floor was always about 1/2" an inch of water, We complained to the local office of the estates corporation (who had a team of workers fairly local, (lazy- b******s to a man!) All our complaints were usually fobbed off with "sorry guys do not worry it is only surface water"

This set up continued until the workforce started to go down with sore throats ,fever and skin rashes Needless to say your obedient servant Oil-Mac decided Enough is Enough, On went the watrproof clothing and i went round the back of the building, in amongst some waste ground, there was a sewer main, discharging toilet waste amongst the water

Back into the office," Give me the damned phone!, You can,t phone anyone, answer, Watch me!" On the phone to the head honcho, I threatened him with the following If you do not do something to remedy this outrage in the next five minutes, I phone the following-- Factory inspectorates office (Health &safety to you folks) Next the Medical Officer of Health, & finally the Sanitary inspector

The result before the phone was down, the workforce?(lazy B/s) were down with tools, no more problems.

The next set up was a big local factory over the wall from another place i worked, in the winter its large chimney belched out smoke, Then it started belching out grit All over my new car, Stuff that for a game of soldiers, so they also got a phone call, This time to their works manager, in which i asked if he realised what his boiler fireman was doing to his boiler tubes? The grit stopped pretty damned smartly In this case, Some of my scurvy workmates were worried about the loss of goodwill, for getting their sideline jobs done on the side, Pity they were not skilled enough to do the work themselves-pity.

Sometimes ones colleagues are a hindrance not a help

Comment

Hey, watch the Gustapo comments.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Gustapo ???

Comment

Originally posted by gwilson
                          Gustapo ???
                          Do they police windfarms in Chicago ?..

Comment

or you vil be SHOT ( in your very best Herr Flick or possibly Helga accent please)

Comment

Originally posted by gwilson
                              Jugs and john:It was a joke for Pete's sake. Don't get your pants in a wad. I never do things like that. I am artistic,not a thug. You,John,are just looking for something to come down on me,and I in an unguarded moment gave it to you. Hurray for you. My first suggestion was the real approach. Calling OSHA is a good one,too.
                              Sounded serious thugish advice to me (& others)
                              Isn't the dust getting onto the machinery,too? Aren't the bosses concerned about AT LEAST not needlessly wearing out their machinery? Sounds like they haven't thought about that,or it wasn't their money that bought them.

Check the parking lot for cameras and slash his tires,put nails under them,etc.. Report to the IRS anonymously that the guy is making unreported extra income,selling stuff for cash. A million ways to make his life unbearable. He's an ass for not turning on the collector and he's pooping in your face.

As you are so worried about what people think of you, engage brain before operating fingers, if not just shut up & take the flack - we can't stand the whining.
                              John

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure , but I'm not a complete idiot - some bits are still missing

Comment

Jugs,you really do come across pretty vicious yourself in this last post.

I hope to God you never make an error. You would never forgive yourself. You might kill yourself for forgetting to put up a smiley face.
                                Last edited by gwilson; 10-03-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X