O.T. How to deal with difficult people at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fixerdave
    Though, better yet, get the entire floor wearing dust masks. Fights between employees will make a manager's eyes roll. A room full of employees agreeing to fight management is a whole different level. At that level, money they say doesn't exist can magically appear to fix the problem.
    Probably the best suggestion so far. Avoids you becoming the target of management or your co-workers.

Comment

Maybe I'm the only one that sees the humour in this?

Should we start a thread titled "O.T. How to deal with difficult people who respond to the thread titled" "O.T. How to deal with difficult people at work"
      And before anybody gets all pissy, I'm making a joke so lighten up.

I'm startin to think we need Airsmith back for some comedy relief.

Pete
      Last edited by uncle pete; 10-03-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle pete
        Maybe I'm the only one that sees the humour in this?

Should we start a thread titled "O.T. How to deal with difficult people who respond to the thread titled" "O.T. How to deal with difficult people at work"
        And before anybody gets all pissy, I'm making a joke so lighten up.

Pete
        Sorry I didn't think that was funny.....................

I thought it was freeking hilarious

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I think it should not be allowed to write at the end of a post that what you wrote was a joke. It is much better to read the flames! Those that take all this stuff to heart and get insulted should say so, so we can hammer them some more!!!

I'll drink to that!!!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

B/F,
            LOL, Damn good point. I oughta go back and edit it. Cheers buddy.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by uncle pete

Pete
              absolutely, and millman. how much can you learn about machining without some good comic relief? The one who i'm glad is gone TMT, he's was just nails on the blackboard tediously annoying. But the Airsmith threads? Good times.

these frequent gwilson dust ups are also good....always leads to half a dozen 'look what i did' threads and he makes some nice stuff
              in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Please post your look what I did posts. Pictures are fun,and if you never post them,no one gets to see anything interesting,do they? Or,do you just prefer to sit around and blather about whatever?

Comment

Mr. Wilson you play nice or I will take away your medications!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

McGyver,
                    Oh yeah I totally agree about Georges work, His worst would no doubt be far better than mine ever will be. And George I know your not 100% health wise.

I've spent my whole working life with large groups of people who are bored with their jobs and litterlly hunt for a target to ride or make a joke. Nothing and no one is safe from them. It's either give back better than you got or move on to another day.

Pete

Comment

Uncle Pete,I assure you my worst can be pretty bad!

Comment

Originally posted by gwilson
                        I assure you my worst can be pretty bad!
                        a redundant post.
                        in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

What do you mean? What if my worst WASN'T pretty bad? (Not saying it isn't bad) Everyone makes foul ups.

By the way,concern yourself with your own posts.
                          Last edited by gwilson; 10-03-2011, 06:56 PM.

Comment

To the O.P.:

You're concerned mostly about your health, so wear a dust mask of some sort while the grinder is being operated by the idiot. Doing anything stupid like contacting the OSHA people may not get you fired, but you'll pay for it many times over, believe me.

When/if the boss asks about the mask, I'd be nonchalant about it, and also point out the potential damage to the other machines, as someone else suggested. Then, LET IT GO, don't whine and snivel.

Comment

Originally posted by gwilson
                              Jugs,you really do come across pretty vicious yourself in this last post.

I hope to God you never make an error. You would never forgive yourself. You might kill yourself for forgetting to put up a smiley face.
                              Pretty yes

Vicious not yet
                              John

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure , but I'm not a complete idiot - some bits are still missing

Comment

Two simple solutiions. One, grind with coolant, or, Two, put the vacuum outside the shop and wired up to the grinder. Dust and noise gone. Of course you need a collecter hose to the grinder. Peter
                                The difficult done right away. the impossible takes a little time.

Comment

Working...
                                X