O.T. How to deal with difficult people at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhilR
    Thanks to everyone for your support and advice, things are looking up now. I spoke with the boss and he has taken corrective action by informing everyone about using the dust collector. (verbally and in writing which is posted by the grinders). I thanked him for taking action. The one co-worker thinks I'm a whiner, I don't care, I'm on good terms with everyone else.
    Great result Better to have lungs to whine with, than a bowl to cough them into
    John

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure , but I'm not a complete idiot - some bits are still missing

Comment

In this day and age we must follow the rules as much as we don,t like too some times but it applies to us all so talk to him,talk to the boss, talk to the union if their is one. Do you have an employment contracts act like we do in NZ I'd be surprised if you didn't, in it the the employer will have to provide a safe environment for you to work in,on pointing that out you should if your complaint is genuine will get an effective response as a law suite would cost more than fixing / replacing the dust extractor as no one wants to go down that road. At the end of the day getting used to wearing dust mask in the work shop is not that hard once you get used to it you don't even notice it we all should do it out of habit it is our old age we must think of. So get in the face of the work shop manager as it is his problem

Last resort apply rule 45

Comment

What's a "dust collector?"
        What's a "smoke extractor"?
        What is , "air conditioning"?
        What is, "heat"
        I've heard of all these things , but I have never experienced them at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustybolt
          What's a "dust collector?"
          What's a "smoke extractor"?
          What is , "air conditioning"?
          What is, "heat"
          I've heard of all these things , but I have never experienced them at work.
          Same as a floor, they only exist in the abstract.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Working...
          X