Way OT- Mattresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way OT- Mattresses

Foam, inner spring, air.......which is better? I don't mind spending the money, but I want to do it wisely.

I swear by Tempur-Pedic. Pricey. She's sleeps much better but now at least I can get some sleep when she can't.

Comment

In my opinion, the secret to a happy marriage is a king-size bed. Bsides that, I'm not too picky.

Tom
      Tom - Spotsylvania, VA

Comment

I've always been most pleased with Sealy Posturepedic, innerspring. Firm!

But I think this is like the chevy vs ford issue.

Years ago when I had back/sciatica issues, I tried one of the "Select Comfort"
        air mattresses. Didn't do a thing for my pain, and I hated the mattress, so sent it back.
        Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

I bought a Select Comfort bed with the individually ajustable sides. Basketball player sized! With all the bells and whistles. Best investment I ever made.

Wife likes 45. me 65. That refers to the hardness. Press a button and the bed gets harder or softer. I really like the bed.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I swear by my (rather) new inner spring with a thin foam topper (built in). Firm, of course. Just soft enough to cradle me (us) but firm enough to handle the weight. Made by Englander.

Comment

Hi,

Yep, the Select Comfort with dual controls is worth every penny. It really solves the 'how hard' arguments. And if you have a problem they stand behind their product 100%.

Our air pump quit working just inside the warranty. They next day air shipped a new one free of charge with a return label for the old unit.

dalee
              If you think you understand what is going on, you haven't been paying attention.

Comment

I have the Tempurpedic adjustable. Great for the back, and also good if you sleep on your belly. The adjustable is why we didn't opt for an air bed like the sleep number. I do like the feel of an air bed, but it's great to tilt the head and feet when needed. Also this has been the longest lasting mattress I've ever had. Most spring mattresses won't last nearly as long as the foam or air, so that needs to be figured into the cost.

Comment

Ever since we had a water bed we have been drifting apart.

Comment

My select comfort bed can move into many different positions with just a push of a button.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Needed a waterbed for my back but found that the temperpedic works great.
                      On the downside is the cost and it is warmer.
                      Guaranteed not to rust, bust, collect dust, bend, chip, crack or peel

Comment

For sleeping, foam. For *entertainment*, inner spring.
                        James Kilroy

Comment

They should fill them with corn flour mix ....and have some sort of vibrators embeded in them ..so that you can make it as soft or as hard as you want and in different places ...you could even record youre settings into a computer ..or let it analyze you whilst you sleep ..and let it sort it all out for you .

i hate foam ..whatever you have, temper doesn't spring up fast enough..recover to really find youre neash with it.

foam fights against you ..
                          as do springs or pocketed springs.

all the best.markj
                          Last edited by aboard_epsilon; 10-06-2011, 05:24 PM.

Comment

After an exhaustive research period, wife and I went with Tempurpedic... My wife used to sleep with a body pillow to keep her hips from hurting... body pillow is no longer needed and she no longer has soreness or stiffness when she wakes up.

Friggen expensive, but we are very happy we did it.

Comment

We bought a Dux some years ago, and it's a world apart, although it makes those other "premium" brands seem inexpensive by comparison.

Call it overpriced if you want, but we've used it for almost a dozen years so far and there's no sign of fatigue either in us or any part of the bed. . .
                              Last edited by Frank Ford; 10-06-2011, 10:29 PM.
                              Cheers,

Frank Ford
                              HomeShopTech

Comment

Working...
                              X