One for the knife makers - handle riveting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwilson
    I use an electric knife with carbide coated serrated blade.
    Speaking of serrated blades, we were given a GE electric knife as a wedding gift (1968). Have used it all these years, and I can't tell that it cuts any less efficiently than when new. Of course those are stainless blades.

Haven't seen any w/carbide or carbide coated blades. But then I haven't looked either.
    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Mine (I found another one) have a powdery coating of carbide on them. With it,I can slice the nicest,accurate, thin slices of turkey breast. Just wonderful for cutting meat. And,it doesn't make the most tender turkey fall apart from the effort of cutting. You should try it. I don't know if they are made any more.

I gave one to my mother years ago. She was horrified at it. Some time later,she had become completely addicted to the ease of using it,once she had gotten over being afraid of it.
      Last edited by gwilson; 10-09-2011, 05:38 PM.

Comment

17th Century carbide blades or brass ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I still remember the first time I used that electric knife - my first experience with one.

As I turned it on, I stuck my other thumb forward, out of habit, to test the sharpness just as I'd normally do with a regular knife.

Fortunately just at the last moment I realized the folly of that.

Wife still reminds me of that just about every time I use it.
          Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

You are such a funny man,John. That was just so incomparably witty. Why don't you go in stage with your comedy show? Or,you COULD wait until you have something intelligent to say. But,on the other hand,I suppose you WOULD like to post again before you die of old age.
            Last edited by gwilson; 10-09-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Comedy is best with two people.

Thanks for the entertainment.
              Dave

Comment

Working...
              X