Meet my boy Larry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir John, come back and get yer bloomin at
    The difficult done right away. the impossible takes a little time.

Comment

You are in very good company.

My car is Issac. It's a purple shade of grey. Sort of like a mauve color.
      Issac, As-a-mauve. I'm a sci-fi fan.

My mill is Wong Fu ( as in Mr Wong, not Mr Wright) . My lathe is Mr Maroon.

My wife names all her cars Mandy. She's on her 4th or 5th Mandy.

Goood company.

Dan
      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Originally posted by strider
        Legendboy, yeah I re-purpose a lot of stuff. That dish mount works real well for it's new purpose.
        I have thown that stuff away because I don't have your foresight. Should likely change that.
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/csprecision

Comment

Originally posted by strider
          So, here's my boy - Larry Lagun...- yes I do name inanimate objects. As an example, my vehicles are Ol' Yeller, Turtle, Eep, Minnie, Nono and Teddy. Nuthin wrong with me.
          Do you wanna talk about it?

Comment

I know John has a name for his Bridgeport!

Hell, I don't even name my dogs or horses let alone machines.

I would have named our daughter Girl but the wife said no.
            How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

We used to have a cat called Trex, over here Trex is a cooking fat.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

You're not supposed to anthropomorphize your tools. They don't like that.

Comment

Nice looking mill. One thought. I would be moving that grinder as far from the mill as I could get it. I had my surface grinder 4 feet away from my mill and I think that was of the cause of the X and Y lead screw nut failure. I'm working on replacing them now.

Dave

Comment

I just picked uo another Brideport this morning. Still in the truck With a 10HP comressor, an Enco mill,2 welders, & a Jet bandsaw still on the traier & over 1000# of new steel I got out of there scrap bin. It was a very great day! Didn't have room for the Desoto running gear, I'll get it next trip. I'll name her Brigget. An old pilot friend would never buy an un named plane. Said if the owner didn't namee it he didn't love it & he's right.
                    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                    country, in easy stages."
                    ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest
                      I know John has a name for his Bridgeport!
                      I don't think POS is a name... (isn't that an adverb instead?)
                      TexasTurnado

Comment

Let me introduce Ms Grazi....

my SAG 12 currently undergoing a facelift. At this time she has new slippers (Turcite saddle ways) on a freshly ground bed:

When finished, I will have a coming out party for her.... It's hard not to get attached after spending so many hours together and a name seems natural.
                        TexasTurnado

Comment

Originally posted by legendboy
                          I like your satellite dish mounting arm collet holder!
                          No Kidding. And to think I was about to toss mine in the recycle pile. Now I got a project!

Comment

The big Niagara press brake is Carrie and the smaller Niagara press-brake is Christine. The two Diacros I have by my work area... Statler and Waldorf. And the big flywheel press I just finished repairing is Gonzo.
                            "The Administration does not support blowing up planets." --- Finally some SENSIBLE policy from the Gov!

Comment

Cat named Wheel. His full name is Wheel Chock. The lady vet asked me waht a wheel chock was. She did not think it was a proper name or use of a cat.

Comment

I used to work with a guy who had a Singer car. Naturally it was named 'Pearl'.

I have heard our Holke mill called 'Hogan'....
                                Last edited by Peter S; 11-12-2011, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X