Enco - hot deals and free shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enco - hot deals and free shipping

I just ordered an Import milling vise from Enco. Their 6" vise is $99 and free shipping.
    I don't know how they can come out shipping a 100-lb vise for $99.
    I decided the 4" would be more appropriate for my mill, and it was the same price, free shipping.

Promo Code WBRDC free shipping over $25

HPRNOV is 15% off $199 or more until the end of the month.

Comment

Could someone explain why Enco gets such interest?

There prices, even on sale, seem just so-so.

Comment

Originally posted by noah katz

I think it's mostly the 'free' shipping....... Cost and quality of items are the same as everyone else except the others add shipping which doubles the price.

Robert

Comment

Noah, last year I purchased a new horizontal band saw from Enco. It was a 7X12 geared Turn-pro saw. With the sale price, no tax and free shipping, the saw was about $800.00 sitting on my doorstep. I had searched quite a few vendors before ordering and found nothing even close in price. A year of light to moderate use has passed since I bought the saw and I am very impressed with the quality of it. I had a similar experience with a Kurt D75 milling vise I ordered from them a few years ago.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Rex
            I just ordered an Import milling vise from Enco. Their 6" vise is $99 and free shipping.
            I don't know how they can come out shipping a 100-lb vise for $99.
            --snip--
            The motivation might be either or both of:

1. unsold inventory (possibly with more on the way from the manufacturer)
            2. underutilized shipping with a guaranteed minimum contract (between Enco and select shippers).

Maybe Enco makes a small profit - or maybe they simply lose less money on such a promo. (As opposed to holding inventory too long, or paying for shipping that is not used.)

Comment

Compared to what? Compared to Shars or other direct importers?

KBC, Travers, Wholesale Tool, Penn Tool et al don't seem competitive on any prices that I've copmpared, especially with free shipping and no sales tax.

My primary beef with Enco is that they seem to be increasingly specializing in rebranded Chinese tools, leaving the brand names to MSC, their over-priced parent.
              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo
                My primary beef with Enco is that they seem to be increasingly specializing in rebranded Chinese tools, leaving the brand names to MSC, their over-priced parent.
                Why have 2 companies doing the same thing when you own them both?

Comment

@Lazlo:

"My primary beef with Enco is that they seem to be increasingly specializing in rebranded Chinese tools, leaving the brand names to MSC, their over-priced parent."

That would be "Chinese/Indian tools" and I have found their Indian-sourced tools of particularly poor quality: I routinely send them back.

@Rex:

"Why have 2 companies doing the same thing when you own them both?"

I've wondered the same thing. How long before the Enco division goes away?

Comment

Originally posted by tlfamm
                    "Why have 2 companies doing the same thing when you own them both?"

I've wondered the same thing. How long before the Enco division goes away?
                    Not go away, just concentrate on import tools, and leaver the higher-end stuff to MSC

Comment

Try three companies, as J&L is also in the mix

Comment

Could somone explain why Little Machine Shop gets so much interest?

Their stuff is all (or nearly all) import. They relocated to the west coast not to serve their customers better, but to save their own transportation costs on crap imported from china.

Comment

They seem to have better quality Chinese crap, at least it isn't rusty when you open the box. I purchased a 5" Kurt type vise from them at Cabin Fever this year and it was very nice (read very well made, accurate) for 1/3 the price of a Kurt.
                          The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Comment

I'v never gotten anything rusty from Enco. Anything damaged in transit, they have quickly replaced with just a phone call.

No doubt LMS brought the "Best of the Best", Cheap Crap from China, previously unpacked, cleaned, inspected and polished to the show.

Comment

I didn't mean that Enco's stuff was necessarily rusty (many Chinese tool suppliers can have that problem) but that LMS's is usually nice. Sorry for the misrepresentation. My bad.
                              The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Comment

Working...
                              X