Village Press as a resource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Village Press as a resource

Just a note from a "satisfied customer", don't forget about the value of back issues from Village Press...easy to find (or at least I found it quick to locate issues I was after), easy process (in terms of payment and delivery)...only "problem" being more found articles that overlap so more issues will be needed...I guess I could treat myself to a subscription for Christmas

Thanks for the (unsolicited) post. If anyone has a question regarding the availability of any back issues, you can contact our subscription services people at 800-447-7367. If you would prefer to do it via an email, contact me and I’ll have someone get in touch with you.

George
    George

Comment

Hey, speaking of Village Press, which we are, and Traverse City, which we weren't, how big is Traverse City?

Seems like recently I've seen it mentioned more than a couple of times on TV. Once I think it was in connection with cherry production, e.g. "cherry capital of the world" or some such. And I think also on some of those industrial insight programs, e.g. How it's Made, etc.

What all is around there? ...other than VP, HSM, et al.

Comment

Good question , I had to look it up. Looks like the city population is about 15,000 and a little more than 77,000 for the county. Not too big, but we are the largest town in the northern half of the state. The main crop around here is cherries and I think we are still the largest producer. Lots of vineyards starting to replace the cherry trees though.

The city sits on Lake Michigan, at the end of two, long bays. It's always been a resort town and that hasn't changed much over the years. Lots of summer homes and tourists. Things really started growing in the 90s but there is still plenty of open space around. Not a bad place to live, even if “a view of the bay is half your pay.”

George
        George

Comment

Working...
        X