X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uncle pete
    replied
    George,
    I've just got started going thru them. Just from the little I've seen so far I'm more than impressed. I'll keep my eye out for that artical.

Pete

Leave a comment:

• Georgineer
    replied
    Forty-plus years ago I was lent a couple of volumes (I think they were from about 1918) with plans for a steam-powered motorbike. I so wanted to build one, but had to give them back - and I hadn't discovered photocopiers then.

George

Leave a comment:

• Sleazey
    replied
    iPhone's are a good thing. You can use them all kinds of places.

Leave a comment:

• uncle pete
    replied
    LOL, Hi Joe. How come your off work so early. That or you goofing off on the companys computers. With my luck the current owners of Model Engineer will finally start offering disks of all this info for $19.95.

Pete

Leave a comment:

• Sleazey
    replied
    Oh the envy! Oh the jealousy!

As always, you are not allowed to gloat until we have pictures. Hi-res, full-size, closeup pictures of every single page.

Leave a comment:

• uncle pete
    started a topic A large volume of information gloat?

A large volume of information gloat?

For people who like to read, Then I guess this could be classed as a gloat. A couple of months ago there was a post on the Chaski steam forum about a collection of Model Engineer magazines for sale. This is a pretty complete collection starting from 1898 up to the 1960s. I bought them. All 500 lbs worth, And had them shipped up to B.C. from San Fransisco. Not quite as cool as the tool gloats that have been on here recently, But I'm still pretty happy about getting my grubby paws on these. It should be real interesting seeing how the machining hobby progressed over more than 60 years. And no doubt there's a lot about what the hobbiests had to deal with because of the shortages during the first and second world wars. The crate containing them just showed up an hour ago.

Pete
Working...
X