Mitutoyo micrometer battery compartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitutoyo micrometer battery compartment

I bought this Mitutoyo 0-1" 293-812 micrometer off ebay but it has issues. First I put a battery in it but it doesn't power up. It looks like either a contact that touches the battery on the side was broken off or there is supposed to be another part that goes around the battery to help make contact.

Here is what it looks like in the battery compartment:

Which is it? Over about the 10 o'clock position is where something needs to make contact. Am I missing a part or is something broken? The battery cover fits loose as well. I have contacted the sellers as they had 'no battery but works great" in the description.

Originally posted by charlz
    I bought this Mitutoyo 0-1" 293-812 micrometer off ebay but it has issues. First I put a battery in it but it doesn't power up. It looks like either a contact that touches the battery on the side was broken off or there is supposed to be another part that goes around the battery to help make contact.

Here is what it looks like in the battery compartment:

Which is it? Over about the 10 o'clock position is where something needs to make contact. Am I missing a part or is something broken? The battery cover fits loose as well. I have contacted the sellers as they had 'no battery but works great" in the description.
    Yes there should be a sprung side contact at about 10 o'clock.

I think you've been had.

Tim

Comment

Working...
    X