I made a super simple box tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a super simple box tool

Last week someone posted that they wanted to make a small box tool. And they did not want to use a mill to do it. Got me thinking and here is what I made. I took a piece of stock and turned one end to .75 dia, then drilled other end .75 dia about an inch or so deep. As only turning down 1/2 inch stock to see if it would work. I planned to locate on od of stock to support the material. I wanted to use brass bolts to run on od as support but couldn't
    find where I had put them so I just used plain bolts for trial. I drilled one hole
    .25 dia to hold a round carbide cutter that I ground end down half way to get it on center. Then turned tool 90 degrees round in vice and moved this next hole a bit closer to front of tool so it would be in front of cutter. Then turned tool another 90 degrees and drilled it as second support. Then I tapped these last 2 holes 1/4 20. Then I drilled and tapped a 1/4 20 hole over the cutter bore to hold carbide round cutter in place. Jim

Last edited by jimsehr; 11-19-2011, 06:08 PM.

Cool, awaiting pics

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Ennis
      Cool, awaiting pics
      What he said
      Bill in SE Idaho
      With enough time & motivation anything can be fixed

Comment

Yep...you know what they say.. "It never happened if you don't have pics"
        I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

hey torker!

Comment

Where do the chips go?

Comment

Box Tool

Looks like it does a good job! How about some pics of the tool?
              Last edited by Toolguy; 11-19-2011, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X