X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arbo
    replied
    Originally posted by PixMan
    Great bargain, nice-looking unit, but why lose the sight glass? Isn't that and essential part of using it, to know when it's about to run out in the middle of a long cut?

The passages into the casting had long since corroded shut, making the sight glasses unusable anyway. I had hoped to disassemble them, and salvage them, but it was pretty much hopeless. These things use so little coolant in a home shop environment that you can easily open the fill hole, and use a dipstick to check coolant levels occasionaly.

Leave a comment:

• PixMan
    replied
    Great bargain, nice-looking unit, but why lose the sight glass? Isn't that and essential part of using it, to know when it's about to run out in the middle of a long cut?

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Good find,those things ain't cheap as you know.

Leave a comment:

• Arbo
    started a topic Tool Gloat...Finally

Tool Gloat...Finally

Last Wednesday, I picked up a Bijur Spraymist coolant system from a CL ad. $40.00 cash, and it is now mine. Had a few issues to resolve. I did away with the sight glasses, but other than that it took some cleaning, paint, and lots of elbow grease, and it now works great! If you've never used one, you really are missing out.

Working...
X