Tool Gloat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Gloat

I bought a Klopp 550 shaper from the original owner.

It is 30 years old but has less than one hundred hours on it.

It is sitting in my shop on a trailer. We will unload it tomorrow

22" of travel on the ram.

Came with tooling, vice, table support.

Price was around 500 dollars.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Take it back it's too clean and pretty
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Nice Find Black Forest, Beautiful Machine

Jim Connell, DeLand FL.
      Daytona Beach is near us.

You haven’t begun learn until to learn until you learn how little you know.

Comment

Don't put it in the barn or it will go Clip Klopp.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

And the shape is too smooth: your machine climbing photo girls will slip.
          Mike
          WI/IL border, USA

Comment

IF the girls slip I will be a hero and catch them taking no heed for my personal safety.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Now that, there, is a proper tool gloat!
              nice find.

Comment

Very nice shaper and obviously very well taken care of at an affordable price = great deal to me.

Is that a universal table? I ask because having an interesting angled table support I wouldnt imagine you could use those two together. Then again, shapers didnt have table supports for quite a few decades in the early years, so likely who cares?
                "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Boat anchor...

I'm not much of a fan of the Shaper, Even in mint condition it still takes up valuable floor space that a milling machine or some such could be sitting. That being said I have a soft spot for vintage and like to see the old stuff preserved for posterity, like in a museum. JMHO though!
                  I spent most of my money on women and booze, the rest I just wasted.

Comment

I think that's a BEAUTIFUL and worthy tool to gloat about! And, it's a perfect match for the Klopp machining center he's already got.

Comment

Those Klopp folks sure know what they're doing!!

R Klopp, who has yet to go claim the royalties he is due from Klopp Werkzeugmachinen.

Comment

BF,
                        Awesome. A new machine at a scrap metal price. "YOU SUCK" to make it an official gloat.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest
                          I bought a Klopp 550 shaper from the original owner.

It is 30 years old but has less than one hundred hours on it.

It is sitting in my shop on a trailer. We will unload it tomorrow

22" of travel on the ram.

Came with tooling, vice, table support.

Price was around 500 dollars.

Lucky bastard!!

Comment

My shaper runs perfect! I had to rewire the plug in cable. Somebody wired it in a very dangerous manner. NO earth ground. Only neutral and the three phases. L1,L2,L3 The schmatics showed it different than it was wired so after trying it the way it was and a phone call to Nick I rewired it with a new cable and presto mesmerizing shaper motion.

Comment

presto mesmerizing shaper motion
                              Now I got it, you intend to hypnotize others so you get more and better tool gloats?

Comment

Working...
                              X