Put these on your Christmas list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put these on your Christmas list

Finally something executed nicely from China.
    Have you every found a 123 block made in China that your can actually bolt together.
    I got today in the mail some I found in the UK.

See you can screw bolts into them

And you can fit bolts into the clearance holes.

They come in two sizes.
    10-20-40 Blocks
    20-40-80 Blocks
    The only downside is they are metric.

You can get them at arceurotrade.co.uk

Delivery was prompt. I got them via post in 7 days

They have a strange name, "Stevenson’s Metric 20-40-80 Blocks"
    Who in the heck is this Stevenson?
    Usual disclaimers. Just a satisfied customer.
    Dave

Originally posted by DFMiller

They have a strange name, "Stevenson’s Metric 20-40-80 Blocks"
    Who in the heck is this Stevenson?
    Usual disclaimers. Just a satisfied customer.
    Dave
    Didn't he build the Rocket?
    Precision takes time.

Comment

10-20-40 Blocks

Maybe buddy John is making those on his POS Bridgy!
      Kansas City area

Comment

I don't know all the details. But yeah, Our very own Sir John did have something to do with getting those made so they work like their supposed to.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by DFMiller
          The only downside is they are metric.
          And thats a downside because???

bollie7

Comment

When you don't have boxes of SCHS or Button head screws around in every standard size like I do for imperials sizes it a bloody nuisance! ;-)
            It's almost impossible to get one or two of any size of decent quality Metric fasteners around here. That's why I have boxes and boxes of the smaller imperial sizes.
            Dave

Comment

Canadian tire carries decent metric hardware but the seem to think they are made of gold.

See here about John's involvement.

http://madmodder.net/index.php?topic=6307.0
              Last edited by Evan; 11-22-2011, 11:49 PM.
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Evan,
                Yes Cdn Tire has some. It seems stock varies store to store. In the more metro areas its more about Christmas lights and coolers.

Now we need to get John to get some Imperial blocks made.

Dave

Comment

Plus one for Dave's point about some true Imperial blocks. I'm not about to start up that whole Imperial/Metric arguement. I think in and visulise Imperial. So for us, Then a proper set of Imperial blocks are required.

Pete

Comment

They are imperial.
                    The small set is 0.3937" x 0.7874" x 1.5748"

Seriously they were developed mainly for the UK and European market which is where ARC's main customer base is and although they do sell some imperial tooling and machines the metric side outsells about 3:1

However and I'd like to bring this point up does anyone use the generic 1-2-3 blocks and rely on they being 1- 2- 3 ?

The reason I ask is I don't but that's just me, I like things like this to actually be undersize as when you are clamping up if say you have a 1" shaft on a 1" block the vise can't trap both securely.

Believe it or not it's took well over 6 months to get these prototyped, drawn up and find a factory good enough to make these even though they are that simple.
                    We tried two UK sources but the price given must have been for silver or gold blocks and they are just not hard wearing enough.

If imperial blocks are needed the exercise will have to be done in the country they are needed, there isn't the demand in the UK and shipping puts it out the window.

We have another new item in the pipeline which I can't mention as yet, partly because the wording is being worked on and it's not fair to advertise here, I did get permission off George to mention these but Dave beat me to it, I don't sell these and make nothing off them.
                    I was paid for my time months ago.

The new item [ s, just remembered there are 3 new items ] replaces a 5C based item. 5c is very popular in the US but not so much here so again sales are going to be mainly UK / Europe based.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

John,
                      Ok you do have points that I can't argue with, Except having to think to myself, "Ok for the next machining step I'm gonna need one of those .3937"X.7874"X I.5748" blocks" So yeah your right that other than finding easy to get decent quality bolts to fit over here, Then there's no real need for the Imperial blocks.

A suggestion or two? How about getting Arc to start offering the tee slotted blocks that Eclipse? used to sell. A 3"x 3"x3" and at least a 5"x 5" x5" would be a real nice and handy piece of tooling to have if they were built accurately. Then again maybe somebody else already sells them that I don't know about.

Pete

Comment

Hi.
                        The postman was at my door to day with a early christmas gift for my self.
                        Two sets of 10-20-30 and 20-40-80 blocs ;-)
                        thank you John and Arc.

Best Regards
                        CS

Comment

John,
                          Good points.
                          My only gripe is that there are no screws included. As I mentioned it is a pain to get them here.
                          Being matched an parallel is the important stuff.

Dave

Comment

Dave
                            why don't you e-mail these blokes and ask about prices and postage charges? The last time I bought from them their prices were quite reasonable. I have no idea if they ship internationally though. Australia Post charges are not too bad on small packages and at the moment the Aussie $ is just under the US $
                            http://www.hi-tensilebolt.com.au/Front%20Page.html

regards
                            bollie7

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                              We tried two UK sources but the price given must have been for silver or gold blocks and they are just not hard wearing enough.

There is no problem with the gold ones so long as you keep a good supply on hand...

Comment

Working...
                              X