Magnetic vice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetic vice

Harbor Freight has 6"x12" magnetic vises for $79-20%=$63.20.Has anyone used these? I ordered one I hope it works well. I believe it comes with a back & end stop also.
    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
    country, in easy stages."
    ~ James Madison

Hope I like it I just bought a second one.LOL
    ~ James Madison

Comment

What attracted you to these ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oh that one hurt.

Comment

The price. I have a couple on surface grinders & they work well, if these don't the local store will refund them with no problem.
          ~ James Madison

Comment

They're called "chucks" not "vices" like drinking and gambling.

Comment

Never tried one. Looks like you get to be the guinea pig. Please let us know what you think of them.

Thanks.

Comment

Grind in

Originally posted by flylo
                Harbor Freight has 6"x12" magnetic vises for $79-20%=$63.20.Has anyone used these? I ordered one I hope it works well. I believe it comes with a back & end stop also.
                I have several - all Chinese and all bought new. I have never had any sort of a problem with any of them as I trust will be the same in your case.

All of mine needed to be "trued up" and "ground in" to my grinders.

Comment

did you get your chucks yet? How are they?

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                    What attracted you to these ?
                    Ah, that might explain some things. Always wondered why your Iron Lady stayed so far away from anything involved with machines or industry.
                    "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

I recieved 1 & 1 was cancelled. I don't like it & plan on returning it to my local store. I have 2 really old ones on 2 surface grinders that have a lot more holding power. I'd like to make an elctromagnetic one. Has anyone done so?
                      ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by flylo

This something new? I didn't know you could use a 20% coupon for online purchase.

Comment

Go thru Fatwallet.com & also get cash back or speedy rewards & get speedway gas points. I got $650 free fuel this year. I only buy on sale & then only with a coupon & always get a free light, multi meter, screwdriver set,etc. They always have 20% coupons on the website or the other sites.
                          ~ James Madison

Comment

Working...
                          X