Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NeverWet - super hydrophobic coating

Sounds interesting,

At Ross Nanotechnology, we have developed a super hydrophobic coating that completely repels water and heavy oils. Any object coated with our NeverWetâ„¢ coating literally cannot be touched by liquid. Any liquid placed on this coating is repelled and simply rolls off without touching the underlying surface. Not only is this amazing to see, but it solves a myriad of problems.

Videos,

http://www.neverwet.com/

Wow, that looks neat.

Comment

Ticks me off that I won't live long enough to see a lot of the truly cool tech that will come out of nanotechnology. It holds the potential for a second industrial revolution as well as revolutionary developments in many other fields such as medicine. So what happens when you coat products like blood vessel stents with this stuff? Clotting becomes impossible I presume.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Clotting doesn't require 'sticking' to any surface, but I'm sure that type of coating would prevent accumulation of small clots at that point.
        Southwest Utah

Comment

It probably poisons you.

Nothing new, once had a manager that had been dipped in this stuff.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Reminds me of the Repulsion Gel in Portal 2:

This first test involves something the lab-boys call repulsion gel. You're not part of the control group by the way - you get the gel. Last poor son of a gun got blue paint, ha ha ha! All joking aside, that did happen. Broke every bone in his legs - tragic. But informative! Or so I'm told.

I've got some advice from the boys down in the lab for those of you who got covered in the repulsion gel" *paper rustling* "Do not get covered in the repulsion gel. We haven't entirely nailed down what element it is, but it's a lively one and it doesn't like the human skeleton.

-Cave Johnson

Comment

Wow, I would never have to wax my truck again with this stuff! That would be great for the rainy NW.

Comment

Clotting doesn't require 'sticking' to any surface, but I'm sure that type of coating would prevent accumulation of small clots at that point.
                No, it doesn't. But if the blood does stick to something and stops flowing it will form a clot. That is a problem with stents in particular, called stent thrombosis. That's why anti clotting drugs are prescribed after a stent is implanted. It would be very beneficial to patients if they didn't have to take those drugs since they can have dangerous side effects.
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Some of the nanotech stuff is apparently starting to show up with bad ecological effects......

Just the first article I found in a 10 second search... it hit some of the same points I have seen elsewhere in more scientific magazines.:

http://www.gizmag.com/are-nanopartic...ngerous/13594/

Keep eye on ball.
                  Hashim Khan

Comment

Ive just bought a couple of bottle of Holts anti mist fluid .

glad they were cheap ..because it seams that it's crap ..apeears to be isopropyl with some sticky goo added...probably sugar.

makes more of a smeary mess of my windjshield than the mist caused in the first place

any sugestions of other uses for it welcome .

all the best.markj

Comment

Reminds me of Scotchgaurd. I take it it doesn't seal anything. Reason for asking............... if anyone remembers my posts about the poly tarp car port canopy leaking and wondering what I could use to seal it with.

JL................

Comment

I don't know jack about nanotechnology, but if this stuff could be applied to aircraft and STAY applied, it could be a game changer in many ways. Anti icing being just one of them.

I wonder if it keeps bugs from sticking to your car bumper.

Comment

After reading about nano particles,and their potentially harmful effects,I wonder how many we are currently ingesting? Too late for us old duffs,but what about young people?

Comment

Originally posted by Thruthefence
                            I don't know jack about nanotechnology, but if this stuff could be applied to aircraft and STAY applied, it could be a game changer in many ways. Anti icing being just one of them.

I wonder if it keeps bugs from sticking to your car bumper.
                            And the leading edges of sail planes wings. How about windshields
                            of cars too.
                            ...lew...

Comment

Originally posted by aboard_epsilon
                              Ive just bought a couple of bottle of Holts anti mist fluid .

glad they were cheap ..because it seams that it's crap ..apeears to be isopropyl with some sticky goo added...probably sugar.

makes more of a smeary mess of my windjshield than the mist caused in the first place

any sugestions of other uses for it welcome .

all the best.markj
                              Spray it on to donuts
                              John

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure , but I'm not a complete idiot - some bits are still missing

Comment

Working...
                              X