Po Boy power feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Po Boy power feed

If I have a long x cut this is what I use. Love cordless drills!

As a rapid when not cutting maybe, or if you had a fine tuning knob for the speed that was seperate from an on/off trigger on your drill maybe, but that looks like a really easy way to destroy/quickly dull cutters to me. No offense intended, but I would highly discourage it.
    "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Certainly no expert here but that does seem a bit hard to accuratly control??

Comment

I have done it several times when cutting aluminum, with great success. For steel, I would have to think about it a bit. For power return it works great.
        Duffy, Gatineau, Quebec

Comment

I've done the same, with the drill in low speed range it works great. More controllable than hand cranking, especially on long cuts.

Comment

Depends on drill. That drill and a B&D work fine. DeWalt not so good. As pointed out it is too hard to control speed. I agree that a fine tuning speed adjustment would be great. Since this drill is a cheap HF special I may try to put a screw on the trigger to fine tune the speed.

Comment

I'd look at corded variable speed drills for this, because most have a limit screw of some sort for maximum speed. The ones with a screw in the trigger can be set pretty precisely. Then you can just mash the trigger and go.

Comment

Good idea Bruto!!

Comment

Working...
                X