Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Machine Accessories

Hey guys,

Picked up a very used surface grinder, I love it but to make it look like my new baby I need to dress it up a little.

I'm looking for a couple of adjustable handles with a 3/8" stud. A few knobs that have a 3/8" stud coming from them. Knurled knobs.

Do you guys know of a good place with a good selection that a person can browse around some looking at different types? Also want to get a set of Nice high Quality Toe Clamps.

Thanks

Mm

Take a look at, http://www.carrlane.com/pdfcatalog/

They seem to have some stuff that yo might be interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by pressurerelief
      Take a look at, http://www.carrlane.com/pdfcatalog/

They seem to have some stuff that yo might be interested in.
      Pressurerelief,

Thanks for posting the link for Carrlane. I used to have one of their catalogs at work and used it often, but I had kind of forgotton about them. I bookmarked a link now.

Brian
      OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

That's a great link for all kinds of things! Its the kind of place you spend way to much time looking at stuff for idea's you get looking at the stuff.

Did that make sense?

Thanks very much, that website is going to be my date for the evening!

Mm

Comment

Knobs

McMaster-Carr has a huge selection of knobs and handles also.

Comment

Reid Supply also has a not bad selection.
            http://www.reidsupply.com/
            They ship to Canada so for me that works.
            Dave

Comment

MSC is another. But I don't know your location so that may not work for you.

Pete

Comment

I actually already knew about McMaster and was recently told about Reid as well.

One bad thing about these places is the pictures of their products. If looking for a toe clamp or a adjusting knob, its very hard to know of what quality it is going to be with a black and white drawing of the part.

I want very heavy duty stuff, and would have to be abused to be hurt. If you buy good stuff and take good care of it, it will most likely last longer than me.

I have fun looking, reading and learning so the more places the better.

Thanks very much!

Mm

Comment

Knobs

Here's a novel idea. You could make some heavy duty ones that are just the way you like them.

Comment

http://www.jwwinco.com

Comment

Originally posted by Toolguy
                      Here's a novel idea. You could make some heavy duty ones that are just the way you like them.
                      Don't have the ability to make my own right now. This machine is new to me and I'm excited to have it. Kinda like a kid with a new toy at Christmas, I just wanted to buy a few goodies for it.

Mm

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur.Marks
                        Another great place I didn't know existed. I noticed that some of their adjustable handles have a push button feature that the original ones for this machine had, nobody else I've looked at had that feature.

Mm

Comment

Working...
                        X