No announcement yet.

Leaky tank problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The place that did my spray in bed liner sprayed the water tanks of a lot of fire trucks. Not too large a port but larger than a handhole. The material was a 100% polyurea product and was hot applied. I can't remember the brand right now but 10 years of beating it hasn't phased it.
    BudB

Comment

@BudB, I'd really like to pursue this lead if you have any more to go on, thanks!

Comment

Yeah I can just see it. You driving your train down the street to the Rhino lining shop!!!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Nah...they will come to you if the job pays enough. The Pentagon has used the product to harden the exterior walls (from the inside) to prevent terrorist attacks. I know they didn't deliver the Pentagon to the local spray company.
          Joe

Comment

Here's another vote for JB-Weld. I've used it on gasoline tanks and crankcase pans that have withstood the test of dozens of years and it is still golng strong.

Good luck!
            Orrin
            So many projects. So little time.

Comment

The Rhino mention is a good lead, apparently they make a tank lining spray. Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...s0HDIfiQ4sideo

There's a dealer nearby who handles their truckbed product, will see if they can come and do this...and what kind of $$$ they need....

Comment

We would use a lining called tnemec we sprayed on the inside of the frac trucks we built. It is a concrete lining used to line the acid tanks. It is a term much used in general as Zerox is used for copies. As in "Will you Zerox this for me?"

If you use Tnemec it will outlast the rest of the train!

Tnemec is cement spelled backwards!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

<big sigh> Turns out these are not just coolant tanks, they are the intercooler for the oil system and are full of pipes, radiator fittings and other stuff to within centimenters of the sides of the tank....and even if not, according to the local Rhino dealer, too small to get their wands into for coverage, even if they were empty. Nothin' is ever easy. Thanks to all who have replied, your input is much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                  X