Enco Acetal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enco Acetal

During the last enco 20% off and free shipping event I stocked up on alot of rods of their black acetal. The price was right and the free shipping helped (I bought ALOT).

So I was a lil surprised to find some manufactures info on the plastic!! I'm used to NOT seeing any info on the raw materials I get from them.

The acetal I received is marked with "Quadrant engineering" "Acetron GP". Well HECK! Thats a "regular" company not just a no-name, and its a decent acetal (specially for what I paid for it).

So anyway, just thought Id pass this on for anyone looking for some plastic. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Acetal

I make a lot of parts out of that exact material. It is very good quality.

Comment

Just note that it is acetal, not Delrin. They aren't the same material. The properties are similar except in certain important areas. Acetal is about 15 to 20% weaker than Delrin but Delrin is much less resistant to acids.
      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Evan
        Just note that it is acetal, not Delrin. They aren't the same material. The properties are similar except in certain important areas. Acetal is about 15 to 20% weaker than Delrin but Delrin is much less resistant to acids.
        Yep.. I have abunch of delrin AF and delrin without the teflon for specific needs. But for simple plastic needs the acetron gp is good to go. Specially with the 20% off and free shipping You WONT find it cheaper than when enco is basically throwing it at you this time of year. Stock up when you can is my motto. My raw materials bins are over flowing with an odd arrangement of plastics and metals. I like to go to the shelf when it was inexpensive VS buying when the need arises.

For a second a couple years back enco was selling off the stock pile of Starrett O1 and A2 stock, free shipping, 20% off and it was already in the enco flyer at a discount. I prolly bought 400lbs then. You wont see the Starrett metal stock on the flyer again Im thinking. JR
        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

total gym wheels

Does anyone know what material the wheels on the "total gym" exercise slide are made of?
          I made a set from acetal and they didn't hold up
          Last edited by chuckp172; 12-16-2011, 08:14 AM.

Comment

So what types of projects do you use Acetal for?

Comment

Working...
            X