New to me Leblond 17"x60" lathe is home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flylo
    • Apr 2011

New to me Leblond 17"x60" lathe is home!

Pick up all 2 ton or so of her today. Turned out to be a 17"x60" instead of the 48" advertised. It barely fit in the truck. I have pics but can't seem to get photobucket to work. If anyone wanted to I could e-mail them to them & they could post them for me. It's a fine HD old girl with lots of life left & the motor's been replaced with an Inverter duty Toshiba. It came with part of a taper attachment. I need a #4 MT live center if anyone want's to sell one. I also have 3 extra chucks an 8",10" & 12". Got the newest Bridgeport insise also. Winter coming!
  • rode2rouen
    • Dec 2008

PM sent.

Rex

Comment

• rode2rouen
      • Dec 2008

flylo's lathe.

Comment

• flylo
        • Apr 2011

A truckload of happy! Kinda looks like Santas sleigh. I hope my wife likes it! I boght a very high qhaulity diamond wheel new on Ebay for 20 odd dollars, called the company & was told it cost $1500+. Came in a very nice padded box wrapped it up told my wife I bought her a diamond bigger than all her friends. No sense of humor at all! I did have many many carrots worth.
        Thanks rode2rouen for posting the pics!

Comment

• sch
          • Sep 2001

You either have a dually or that truck is totally bottomed out on its
          suspension. That is a big lathe for a pickup!!
          Steve

Comment

• bborr01
            • Jul 2007

Flylo,

I have been thinking about what to get my wife for Christmas. Why didn't I think of getting her a lathe or mill. Maybe a cutter grinder. This opens a lot of doors for me.

Brian
            OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

• sasquatch
              • May 2006

Pretty good lookin lathe!!

I see what you mean looking at the pic,, not much space between the tailgate and the back window!!

Wondering,, how are you unloading the thing???

Comment

• flylo
                • Apr 2011

My wife was hard to buy for Brian but now it's easy.
                It's not closed to bottomed out & not a dually. A '95 Dodge 2500 with a Cummins that didn't even know it had a load. A little top heavy on fast corners. You can tell it's a HD lathe when I fork lifted it off just from under the chip pan. I know a no no.

Comment

• Fasttrack
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by flylo
                  My wife was hard to buy for Brian but now it's easy.
                  It's not closed to bottomed out & not a dually. A '95 Dodge 2500 with a Cummins that didn't even know it had a load. A little top heavy on fast corners. You can tell it's a HD lathe when I fork lifted it off just from under the chip pan. I know a no no.

Hmmm ... not exactly how I would've done it. The chip tray, in particular, is pretty dicey. You might think about getting some lifting slings for future machinery moves, but you got it done and that's the important thing.

It's a nice looking machine. Congrats and merry Christmas!

Comment

• flylo
                    • Apr 2011

Brian, see if you have an extra MT #4 live center & a 7/16 sq chuck wrench, I know I can make the wrench but this will make me come up & see your shop.

Comment

Working...
                    X