Yearly electric bill for my shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yearly electric bill for my shop

A few days ago we received our yearly electric bill for the shop. It has its own meter. My electric bill went down from the two previous years. Of course I told my wife it was because of all the machine tools I bought this year. She told me to buy some more machines so the bill would go down even more!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

You only get your'e hydro bill once a year???????????????????????

I just presumed everyone got a bill monthly or bi-monthly?

Comment

Well, with all of those women and sheep clogging up the shop I'd imagine it is difficult to actually run the machines. More machines= more women and sheep= less actual electrical power use.

Might not be such a bad deal, actually.

Merry Christmas!!

Comment

NO. Only once a year. I think it is possible to pay every two months based on what was used the previous year, then at the end of the year it is adjusted. Either you owe more or you have a credit.

Our house used much more electricity than what I use outside. Everything outside is on one meter and everything inside is on the other.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Yeah, I could cut my bill even more if I filled up the open area in the front. OK. I go tell the wife I need more girls!

Comment

I have solar panels on a grid-tie system.
            I get billed yearly as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1-800miner
              I have solar panels on a grid-tie system.
              I get billed yearly as well.
              Same here - I think it's a standard practice for my electric company (Southern California Edison).
              Hemi-proprietor,
              Esoteric Garage

Comment

One meter for the entire ranch, billed once a year. It never goes down, always higher than last year.

Can't get that many people to find thier way out there, plenty of room in the shop. In the past 50 years there have never been that many people total out there.

Merry Christmas to all.

Ross
                GUNS Don't kill people
                Drivers using cell phones do.

Comment

I have some friends down by Ogallala, NB. The Haythornes. Do you know them? Craig is a great guy.

Comment

No I don't know the Haythorns personaly only by reputation and also by thier horses.

Ross
                    GUNS Don't kill people
                    Drivers using cell phones do.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest
                      Yeah, I could cut my bill even more if I filled up the open area in the front. OK. I go tell the wife I need more girls!

That picture is obviously faked. It must be photo-shopped, since it is just so implausible. The proof is when you look at where the texture and color of the floor changes right in front of the belt sander with the red stand.

You must think we are gullible. Everyone knows there can not be that much clear space in a shop. The rules of the universe do not allow it. Sheesh.

Were the kids visiting from a school? That's a lot of future farmers there.

Dan
                      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Black Forest, what is the cost per kWH there in Germany? I am on an electric co operative here in Merkel Tx and our costs run $0.12-$0.15 per killowatt hour here. Most of the electric power in this region is generated from coal or natural gas with a little wind power thrown in for good measure. Didn't you live in Texas at one time? I would imagine that an annual electric bill would be pretty hefty

Merry Christmas

Tim

Comment

Black Forest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sure have a big pile of kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Now,,, that MUST have KEPT YOU BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guess you'd have LOTS of help though now that they are bigger!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest
                            Of course I told my wife it was because of all the machine tools I bought this year. She told me to buy some more machines so the bill would go down even more!
                            If you buy yet more machines, you'll start billing your utility company.

P.S. Posting the picture for John to see was too cruel. Aren't you supposed to be nice on Christmas?
                            Mike
                            WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Originally posted by tmc_31
                              Black Forest, what is the cost per kWH there in Germany? I am on an electric co operative here in Merkel Tx and our costs run $0.12-$0.15 per killowatt hour here. Most of the electric power in this region is generated from coal or natural gas with a little wind power thrown in for good measure. Didn't you live in Texas at one time? I would imagine that an annual electric bill would be pretty hefty

Merry Christmas

Tim
                              in the uk depending on what tariff you find (hundreds) ..its between £0.11 and £0.14 a unit..then tax on it at 8 percent

Comment

Working...
                              X