Howto 3mm HTD pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howto 3mm HTD pulley

I am a simple hobbyist with a table top cnc mill. My intention is to make several 3mm HTD pulleys. The only specs I have been able to find is http://www.shardaintl.com/arctooth.htm#top. I must not be reading the specs correctly. On the 3M row R2 is 1.52, that makes the tooth width 3.04 mm wide which is wider than the pitch. I am sure y'all know this stuf by heart. Clue me in.

Thanks
    Richard

Manufacturing tolerances and the belt flexing/stretching?
    Last edited by Jaakko Fagerlund; 12-29-2011, 11:29 AM.
    Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

Timing belt

I would look at the tooth width which is 1.82. Divided by 2 makes R2 .91.
      Kansas City area

Comment

The specs are faulty. R2 for the 5M Type is smaller, that would be very unlikely.

Thomas

Comment

Radius is 0.91mm.
          Depth of tooth is 1.28mm taken from top of OD.
          The flank angles up at 7 degrees per side and runs into a radius on 0.3mm.

All this taken from the DiN specs and not pulley manufactures pages which usually only covers belt dimensions.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Are these DiN specs available to the public?

Comment

Originally posted by rray
              Are these DiN specs available to the public?
              About every standard out there is available to anyone - you just have to pay for them most probably.
              Amount of experience is in direct proportion to the value of broken equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                Radius is 0.91mm.
                Depth of tooth is 1.28mm taken from top of OD.
                The flank angles up at 7 degrees per side and runs into a radius on 0.3mm.

All this taken from the DiN specs and not pulley manufactures pages which usually only covers belt dimensions.
                Thanks this worked very well. Are you able tell me the specs for 3mm GT2 pulley?

Richard

Comment

Working...
                X