Ryobi drill press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi drill press

Bought a ryobi drill sometime back. The old one seized up. My question is this. Who makes a drill press vice that will fit on the bottom of the press. The press has two tables. I'll remove the upper one and actually the stand is configured as a drill press table. This has been bugging me for years. You buy a drill press but no one makes a suitable vice for it. I have one of the compound drill press vices and while it can be made to work, its usually only held down by two bolts.
    Its as though the folks who make these drill presses have conspired to drive normal folks nuts trying to find a safe and suitable vice. So does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable vice??. Thanks, Frank

Drill vise

Originally posted by Frank46
    Bought a ryobi drill sometime back. The old one seized up. My question is this. Who makes a drill press vice that will fit on the bottom of the press. The press has two tables. I'll remove the upper one and actually the stand is configured as a drill press table. This has been bugging me for years. You buy a drill press but no one makes a suitable vice for it. I have one of the compound drill press vices and while it can be made to work, its usually only held down by two bolts.
    Its as though the folks who make these drill presses have conspired to drive normal folks nuts trying to find a safe and suitable vice. So does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable vice??. Thanks, Frank
    I bought a low profle no namer at a garage sale a few years back and strangely the holes in the vise actually line up with the slots in the drill table .
    So dont give up just keep your drill table dimensions handy , so when you stumble across a vise you will be able to check.
    Michael

Comment

Even if a conventional DP vice fits the holes/slots in the table base, will it ever/always hold the part so the location to be drilled on the centerline of the spindle? Probably not. Look for a float-loc vise. Or use a suitable heavy vise loose on the table with one edge backed up by a stud or bolt through the back left corner of the table.
      See Colvin and Stanley: Drill and Boring Practice.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions, Frank

Comment

I'm a little confused... never had a problem finding a dp vice for either the moveable or fixed table. Check ebay -

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories

305 hits on "drill press vise".

Comment

Working...
          X