Do HSM dream ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do HSM dream ?

Do you ever dream about the projects that you are working on or interested in?
    Byron Boucher
    Burnet, TX

Yeah, but only if I am having a problem that I haven't worked out a solution for before going to bed. Not quite a nightmare........
    Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
    ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

I have. Woke up having figured something out.

I'm more worried about dreaming about dealing with aggravating customers at work, because then I wake up and actually have to do it.

Comment

i have a lot of day dreaming of tools for your tools. happens when i try to fall asleep. i do solve problems in my sleep quite often.

Comment

I don't think in my entire lifetime I've ever dreamed about an actual, ongoing real situation.
          My dreams will sometimes include real people or places or things known to me, but the scenario itself is always imaginary.

One thing I have noticed, my best sleep seems to be when I'm dreaming of doing some repetitive, challenging task, i.e. working hard. Something more complex than, say painting a fence.
          Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Have you actually dreamed about painting a fence??????

I had this dream earlier this year!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Nightmares mostly.
              The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Was that a wet dream?

(Sorry Black Forest, I tried to resist that, but just couldn't. ....really!)
                Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

I dream about the $$$ I need to get things done.
                  gvasale

Comment

How'd you get a picture of your dream?!
                    I never remember to bring my camera to the "good" dreams.

Tony

Comment

My dreams rarely make sense...

Comment

I quit smoking 10 years ago, but I frequently have dreams in which I'm puffing away.
                        And I always ask myself in said dream, "Why did I start smoking again??"

Comment

I've never dreamed about a project but have worked till say one AM, then gone to bed, but planned and visioned possible next moves for the next day or evening on the same project.

Comment

I fell asleep on my buddies couch recently while we were watchin TV and started mumbling about a drill press in my sleep..

Comment

I have narcoplepsy. One of the symptoms of narcolepsy is dreaming that starts as you fall asleep. Normally, dreaming is the last stage of a sleep cycle and that means for most people they don't start dreaming for an hour or two after falling asleep. The sleep cycles become shorter during the night and when the REM (dreaming) sleep becomes continuous you wake up. You usually only remember the dream you were having as you wake up.

For me, as soon as I close my eyes I begin dreaming within a minute or two. This is before I am even asleep and am still aware of what is going on around me. These dreams are extremely detailed and very real seeming. They are called Hypnagogic Hallucinations. They never happen while my eyes are open, that would put it into another category entirely, such as schizophrenic hallucinations.

These dreams include hi quality sound such as a symphony orchestra playing music I have never heard. I can manipulate the subject of the dream to some extent although that often makes it stop. I do dream about projects and problems that need solving and I frequently find the answer waiting for me the next day.

Hypnagogic hallucinations happen to everyone occasionally. It might be as simple as seeming to hear a sound, which is the most common. It's normal. What isn't normal and is the most common symptom of narcolepsy is having them all the time when you fall asleep.
                              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
                              X