Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Cost effective way to ship a 300lb piece of equipment: Nashville TN to Dubuque IA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Cost effective way to ship a 300lb piece of equipment: Nashville TN to Dubuque IA

I am looking to get a Telma Truck Retarder shipped from Nashville to a shipping dock in Dubuque. The brake will be on a pallet. Just wondered if anyone has any experience shipping equipment heavier than the UPS limit of 75 lbs. I wouldn't mind driving to Madison or Cedar Rapids to retrieve the item from a dock.

Thanks
    If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy

https://www.facebook.com/WDHSTechClub

I've shipped a few motors, transmissions, and other big pallet things before. The best price I ever found was with ABF trucking, plus they have a dock close to me that they could load or unload out of my truck.
    Andy

Comment

Best I ever did (price wise) was finding an independent trucker that didn't have a load coming home. It was a long time ago; if I remember I started with the local truck stop message boards and yellow pages. Good luck.
      I'm here hoping to advancify my smartitude.

Comment

If any of the freight companies have a terminal near you they will most likely be the cheapest.
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Try the various trucking message boards. +1 on owner/operators being the cheapest.
          "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

I've used these folks in the past. Not saying they are the best or the only but I did have good luck with them.

http://www.freightquote.com/
            regards

3t

Comment

Try uship.com

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by 3t-
                I've used these folks in the past. Not saying they are the best or the only but I did have good luck with them.

http://www.freightquote.com/
                +1. I used them a few months ago to ship a pallet that weighed a couple of hundred pounds and they did a good job for me.

Brian
                OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

I had a 600# aircraft engine shipped from So California to Michigan for under $200. Same price from Maine. Call engines direct 800-998-2100 press 2 for shipping. Any kind of engine is the cheapest class, sounds like an engine to me? If possible ship it to a business. The last one they sent a truck to the airport with a lift gate for pick up. Always did a great job for me. Let me know if they're still the cheapest.
                  "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                  world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                  country, in easy stages."
                  ~ James Madison

Comment

Just wondered how it turned out?
                    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                    country, in easy stages."
                    ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by flylo
                      Just wondered how it turned out?

FedEx Frieght quoted me $230 shipped from the seller's door to the dock here in Dubuque. With fuel prices I think that's fair.
                      If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy

https://www.facebook.com/WDHSTechClub

Comment

Working...
                      X