On my way back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way back...

Things are lookin up...got back on my photobucket account...got it figured out how to download pics on new computer again...going south to my house today...and buying an old used 8" rotary table. Got rust on it...just how I like em...buyin my shop back...one piece at a time. Guy has a nice verticle mill with 40 taper nose...$4800...have the cash...tryin hard not to buy it just yet...lol!
    Russ
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

Good luck Russ!

Just remember, "the crap that doesn't kill ya makes you stronger!"
    Design to 0.0001", measure to 1/32", cut with an axe, grind to fit

Comment

Good news Russ,with any luck you'll be back up to your neck in swarf before long
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by torker
        Things are lookin up...got back on my photobucket account...got it figured out how to download pics on new computer again...going south to my house today...and buying an old used 8" rotary table. Got rust on it...just how I like em...buyin my shop back...one piece at a time. Guy has a nice verticle mill with 40 taper nose...$4800...have the cash...tryin hard not to buy it just yet...lol!
        Russ
        good on you Russ, knew it was only a matter of time. You're sitting in the best province in the Dominion to be hanging a welding/machiningg shingle out.

Comment

we'll be watchin' fer ya !

Comment

Congrats Russ, great news!!

(Wishing you a bunch of "bonus" finds!)

Comment

Good to hear Russ, looking forward to you running at full steam.

Comment

I knew it. Just couldn't keep away from the tools could you? We are all watching and waiting for your next post. Peter
                The difficult done right away. the impossible takes a little time.

Comment

Don't leave the welding kit till last !
                  Richard - SW London, UK, EU.

Comment

Wow! Ok...I'm a little embarrassed to admit to my US friends(paid $125Cnd)...but I got the rusted ol Rotab...he he...works slick and smooth....just looks a little rough...but it's a real Palmgren cross slide rotary table.

Comment

This is the table...wow...I guess I didn't do too bad. Didn't know they were so pricey new
                      http://www.palmgren.com/product_info...products_id=48

Comment

As Sir John would say lucky Bastard!
                        Keep up the recovery and good luck.
                        Michael

Comment

Here's the sorry lookin thing...lol! Looks bad...feels good....lol! Won't be much of a job to get the rust off it...has a small milling boo boo on the top...but no big deall

Comment

Does that have an X Y built in under the rotary? Looks like it weighs a ton.
                            ...Lew...

Comment

Ya Lew...it does...but...to be honest, I'm a little bothered by how light it is. I thought it would be heavy also. Won't know til I get to mill something on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X