This is what I want for my Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what I want for my Birthday

I have a birthday coming up. The big 60! My wife E-mailed me and asked what I wanted for my birthday. I sent her the info on this advertisement.

1967 Pontiac GTO convertible. Yeah!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

My mother in law wants one of those... nice car
    If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy

https://www.facebook.com/WDHSTechClub

Comment

Originally posted by Ggerg1186
      My mother in law wants one of those... nice car

My wife told me to ask you for a picture of your MIL. Maybe I would settle for her!!!!!
      How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

BF,

I was expecting to see a picture of a coffee maker that costs more than a vintage GTO.

Brian
        OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Why not ask her for a Canon 60D?
          Errol Groff

New England Model Engineering Society
          http://neme-s.org/

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GroffErrol?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Errol Groff
            Why not ask her for a Canon 60D?
            More likely I'm guessing that what will transpire is the wife might just use the new snapshot camera to take a picture of one of those cars somewhere and give the OP a nice print of it.

Happy birthday!

Comment

I have never seen a Goat here in Germany! So I guess no snapshot.

Comment

A buddy of mine had one of those way back in 1975, tried to trade him for my 1957 Chevy pickup, never got to agreement on terms.

His GTO needed a ring job BAD! Left a huge cloud of smoke in his wake (you learned not to be behind him at traffic lights) wherever he went, pretty awesome when you're young and dumb, probably get a ticket for it today. Sadly, he has passed on.

Once at a car show my son asked me how I knew what all the cars were before we got to the signs, I told him those were the cars my buddies were driving when I was in high school!

Comment

would it fit in Germany?

sorry BF, doesn't do much for me...been there done that ('68 camaro ragtop RS, standard, did all the crap to it that made it go blub blub blub at the lights). Those old cars are guzzlers and handled like crap

....and there you are sitting in the land the fine automobile! now a 911 turbo and you're talking ! probably 1/2 the price over there as well

Comment

I believe I once saw a purple GTO in Germany....in a movie.

No thanks. If I wanted a boat I would buy an old Caddy (and add the horns) over a Garbage Truck Option any day. Proud Pontiac owner here btw.
                    "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

The GTO is the father of the muscle cars. When I was sixteen they had a used one at the dealership. $2,600.00 I thought I would never be able to afford a car that expensive.

I know here it is not practicle. Especially with gas costing over $10 dollars a gallon. But then again how practicle is it to have a shop full of machines? Or a barn full of horses.

The car in the picture can be bought for $39,000. Too much for a toy I know.

Comment

Sorry BF. It wasn't the GTO.. Go back a decade or more to the Chrysler 300. 1955.
                        gvasale

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest
                          The GTO is the father of the muscle cars. When I was sixteen they had a used one at the dealership. $2,600.00 I thought I would never be able to afford a car that expensive.

I know here it is not practicle. Especially with gas costing over $10 dollars a gallon. But then again how practicle is it to have a shop full of machines? Or a barn full of horses.
                          for sure it you could have some fun with it, it wasn't so much on the lack of practicality, we're all out to lunch on that one....more that having one might have a lot less sheen to it than the memory promises.... especially compared to today's performance cars.

Once upon a time I thought differently, there's no right or wrong on it.

Comment

The "300" i believe stood for 300HP??

Comment

Well...different strokes for different folks...this is what I would like to get for my birthday.

Comment

Working...
                              X