Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir John: Your new Bridgeport is ready

Sir John,

This post is to inform you that I received a flyer a couple of days ago from a local tool supplier and on the cover was a shiny new Bridgeport. I thought of you right away. The price is just under $15,000 USD, without options like collets and power feed.

It is probably made in China, but it probably would be a step up from the old worn out one that you toil on regularly and love to complain about.

PM me if you want more information on ordering one. It didn't say anything about quantity discounts but it couldn't hurt for you to ask. Maybe if you bought a few of them, you could get them to throw in a Jacobs chuck or two.

Brian
    OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

In a couple of decades BP's will 100 years old! OK... 4 more for the J head step belt models... I might even (just) be around. Wonder what they will cost then?

Comment

Made in Singapore,IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by gwilson
        Made in Singapore,IIRC.
        That`s interesting.Who`s building m/c`s there?
        I`m assuming Bridgeport are getting them built and it`s not their own factory.

Comment

If the Bridgeport has a black plastic name panel screwed to the ram,rather that cast into it,it's made in Singapore. Been that way for years. Before that,they were made in Brazil ,I THINK.

Comment

Working...
          X