First come, first served, with one exception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First come, first served, with one exception

While doing some organizing I came across a copy of Home Shop Machinist from September/October 1984. Back then I could sometimes find a copy at a book store in another town I used to visit on business. It was rarely available because the few copies they brought in sold out immediately and my schedule for going to that town was irregular. This may be the only copy of HSM I have from those days as I usually bought Live Steam rather than HSM.

This copy is in excellent condition and I will send it to the first person that asks for it as long as it isn't to Lower Slobbovia or similarly expensive postage cost.

Of note and possible interest to Dennis is the feature article: How to make a surface grinder from a radial arm saw.

I would prefer that it go to somebody trying to round out a collection. If Village Press wants it their claim will override others.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

I don't want it!

Haha - fooled you all

That's a fine gesture Evan. I hope whomever asks for it really needs it.
    Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
    Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
    Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

It's already sold to the high bidder, 3jaw. Unless George wants it for VP it will go out Monday.

Comment

Hmmm, I like the idea of adding a disc sander attachment to my Rockwell

So many tools, so little time.
        If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy

https://www.facebook.com/WDHSTechClub

Comment

book

Im a beginner in machining,and would love to add it to my collection,which includes my favorite toolmakers book by frank grahm through audel books. i have yet to post my lathe project a southbend from 1929!

Comment

book

I know it does not exist wo pics ,so i nreed to get on it.

Comment

How much to Upper Slobbovia ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

No idea John, I don't think they have a post office.

Comment

Damn,
                  Have to use a carrier then.
                  Mind you looks that remote it will have to be a carrier pigeon

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan

Of note and possible interest to Dennis is the feature article: How to make a surface grinder from a radial arm saw.
                    Actually, I'd be interested in the radial arm redneck grinder! Got a lot of rednecks to grind...

Any chance of a scan and zip or sommat?

Dave H. (the other one)
                    Rules are for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of wise men.

Holbrook Model C Number 13 lathe, Testa 2U universal mill, bikes and tools

Comment

Evan, very kind gesture to offer this and especially here on HSM.

Comment

Ask George!

Comment

I spoke with George just the other day at the pub. He says the family is fine and oh yea, about the mag. He said it would be better off in my hands.
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                          Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Evan,

Thanks for the offer, but we have one back at the office already. Wonder how many of the radial arm saw/surface grinder projects were actually made.

PS. YOD is lying.

George
                            George
                            Traverse City, MI

Comment

Then it will be going out to 3jaw (Greg) for sure on Monday.
                              Thanks for the reply George.

Comment

Working...
                              X