Precision Mathews 11x27vf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precision Mathews 11x27vf

new guy here looking to get my first lathe. been doing alot of research in my price range 2000 or under. cant afford to go over that right now wish i could but cant anyways found some info with searches from a couple years back and was wondring if anyone had new info to offer by the way ive watched craigslist for quite sometime but lathes don't come along much in my neck of the woods
    Last edited by umahunter; 02-16-2012, 07:22 PM.

There is a group in Phoenix Az called Vally metal group that has a lot of activity with buying & selling { http://groups.yahoo.com/group/valley...guid=203636119 }.
    As far as the PM Mathews there is a group on yahoo groups "Bluemachining" & there are a lot of members that bought the PM1127 and can fill you in on the machine, I have the PM1440B on order and have had a long wait but hope to get it next week
    Bill in SE Idaho
    With enough time & motivation anything can be fixed

Comment

hmm

cool thanks for the link i joined blue machining couple days ago just trying to research as much as possible

Comment

My son has an 1127VF - he's quite happy with it.

Comment

hello, can anyone give me the name,e-mail address and address of the factory in taiwan that makes the pm lathes

Comment

Do you have room for a 14x40?

Comment

several smaller potential candidates on Yuma CL in the 2000 or less range.

Comment

Just one caution.

If you expect to work with larger diameter parts, you might find the power of the machine to be relatively weak. it really depends on whether their description on the website is correct, or if the manual is correct.

For larger diameter work, you typically slow the RPM down to keep the "surface speed" within reasonable limits.

The website gives two speed ranges, 70 to 380, and 380 to 2000. That could be OK, if the motor is 1 HP as is implied but not stated (the inverter is 1 HP). Assuming the motor 1 HP is at 380 rpm, you would still have almost 1/5 HP available at 70 RPM, which is not great, but may be OK.

The manual gives ranges of 50 to 850 and 110 to 1800 rpm. With a 1 HP motor developing the 1 HP at 850 RPM, then at 50 RPM you would have only about 1/20 HP at 50 RPM, which is not useful at slow speeds.

Check what happens in this video at minimum speed and 20 thou depth of cut. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05vUCdzhoe4
                Last edited by J Tiers; 03-12-2019, 10:25 PM.

Keep eye on ball.
                Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by john shaw View Post
                  hello, can anyone give me the name,e-mail address and address of the factory in taiwan that makes the pm lathes
                  That may be very difficult to find!

Comment

Most of his machines are made in China, not Taiwan. The Taiwan machines are much nicer, don't ask how I know. It's out of your price range, but the 1236T, and GT1340 are super nice lathes.

Comment

I ended up getting a grizzly G0602 this post is from 2012 someone new posted on here looking to find pms factory I'm not currently looking for another lathe hopefully soon but not just yet

Comment

Originally posted by umahunter View Post
                        I ended up getting a grizzly G0602 this post is from 2012
                        I can't believe I missed that. But there is a nice looking 14x40 near you.. Now could be the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Glug View Post
                          I can't believe I missed that. But there is a nice looking 14x40 near you.. Now could be the time.
                          HEY!!!! My 14x40 is not for sale.
                          *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob La Londe View Post
                            HEY!!!! My 14x40 is not for sale.
                            I figured, if he puts it in his cart, there is a good chance your wife will buy it for him..

The OP should get back to me. Because maybe this lathe goes cheap. Living in a machine desert can also result in deals.

Comment

Working...
                            X